JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Public or Media response to JW Activity

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2828 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, juliansan said:

Page is in German and it said it cannot be translated to English.:unsure:

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Page is in German and it said it cannot be translated to English.:unsure:

Because it's a German news paper article :D.  It would take too much time to translate the full article but it's written in a positive but light sarcastic way. For example "Everyone is paying attention. Who needs to go to the toilet won't miss much. They have their own speakers in there. Jehovah is everywhere" :D 

Hannover . Friday noon, actually stayed dead trousers on the Expo Plaza, its neighboring shaft has been largely adopted into the weekend. But then suddenly flow crowds from the Tui Arena. Men, women, children of all ages.It's lunch time at a major event of Jehovah's Witnesses who call Regional Congress and for the city's largest hall is just big enough.

Three days will be here together, listen to speakers, singing, prayers, some will be publicly baptized on Saturday, all will einschwören on everyday life in the service of Jehovah's religious community. The latter is reflected thematically, it's about loyalty as Main topic. One morning, the approximately 8400 people behind it. Among other things they have heard the talk "Jehovah's loyal love is better than life". Hannover says Congress spokesman Ruben Graef, is one of the finest locations in Germany, and the perfect infrastructure because, earlier in the Niedersachsen Stadion, today at the Expo Plaza. "We are with the Tui Arena very happy." Everyone can come, "no entry, no collection".

The interior of the hall looks after the break out like an Elton John concert.The floor is divided into blocks, the ranks are filled to the rafters. Only the stage and behind hanging canvas drop some austere than at a pop concert.Boxes with red and yellow flowers stand at the edge of the stage, otherwise there is only a sober lectern. While people sit down again, running a video with pathetic music and loud happy man. The atmosphere is friendly. Only some folders run with a stern look through the aisles.

Then it's back to loyalty towards parents or hostile. It is faith assurance. After all, many are soon to resist in pedestrian areas, to uphold "Watchtower" or proselytize on doors. Critics accuse the religious community, often referred to as a cult, to go too far with this same loyalty. Members who leave would publicly scourged, even called "mentally ill". The structure of Jehovah's Witnesses was autocratic and totalitarian, the attitude towards their often regarded as satanic environment hostile.

In the Tui Arena anyway together verses are read. In between movie scenes are repeatedly shown professionally filmed, less professional synchronized.It's about Sergei, who is constantly put to loyalty samples and for his faith even years goes to jail. That the story in Russia plays where the organization is more difficult than in Germany, is no coincidence.

The attention in Riesensaal is high. Who needs time, also missed nothing.Even the toilets are listening to the speeches and dialogues from boxing.Jehovah is truly everywhere.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I just read "Working Alongside Jehovah's Witnesses at Warwick" on jw.org and I was encouraged by the experiences of the non witnesses who have been around the volunteer brothers and sisters.      I phoned my brother who is studying and encouraged him to read it.     He said ,"You can see Jehovah is drawing all those people who are right hearted."   It was a very encouraging to say the least.    The comments, attitudes of those non witnesses  in working alongside the friends have made changes..     How faith strengthening.

Here is the above German news article translated to English via Google's free translator : https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.haz.de%2FHannover%2FAus-der-Stadt%2FUebersicht%2FKongress-der-Zeugen-Jehovas-in-der-TUI-Arena-Hannover&edit-text

Copy and paste this :http://www.haz.de/Hannover/Aus-der-Stadt/Uebersicht/Kongress-der-Zeugen-Jehovas-in-der-TUI-Arena-Hannover

Into the google translator and tada! It should translate the entire website

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

10 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Yes, but the translation is not the yellow from the egg ;). (You can't translate German sayings which are appearing in this article). "Not the yellow from the egg" means "not the best". :D SO you will understand some parts of the text but not all. 

2 hours ago, Old said:

Hannover . Friday noon, actually stayed dead trousers on the Expo Plaza, its neighboring shaft has been largely adopted into the weekend. But then suddenly flow crowds from the Tui Arena. Men, women, children of all ages.It's lunch time at a major event of Jehovah's Witnesses who call Regional Congress and for the city's largest hall is just big enough.

Three days will be here together, listen to speakers, singing, prayers, some will be publicly baptized on Saturday, all will einschwören on everyday life in the service of Jehovah's religious community. The latter is reflected thematically, it's about loyalty as Main topic. One morning, the approximately 8400 people behind it. Among other things they have heard the talk "Jehovah's loyal love is better than life". Hannover says Congress spokesman Ruben Graef, is one of the finest locations in Germany, and the perfect infrastructure because, earlier in the Niedersachsen Stadion, today at the Expo Plaza. "We are with the Tui Arena very happy." Everyone can come, "no entry, no collection".

The interior of the hall looks after the break out like an Elton John concert.The floor is divided into blocks, the ranks are filled to the rafters. Only the stage and behind hanging canvas drop some austere than at a pop concert.Boxes with red and yellow flowers stand at the edge of the stage, otherwise there is only a sober lectern. While people sit down again, running a video with pathetic music and loud happy man. The atmosphere is friendly. Only some folders run with a stern look through the aisles.

Then it's back to loyalty towards parents or hostile. It is faith assurance. After all, many are soon to resist in pedestrian areas, to uphold "Watchtower" or proselytize on doors. Critics accuse the religious community, often referred to as a cult, to go too far with this same loyalty. Members who leave would publicly scourged, even called "mentally ill". The structure of Jehovah's Witnesses was autocratic and totalitarian, the attitude towards their often regarded as satanic environment hostile.

In the Tui Arena anyway together verses are read. In between movie scenes are repeatedly shown professionally filmed, less professional synchronized.It's about Sergei, who is constantly put to loyalty samples and for his faith even years goes to jail. That the story in Russia plays where the organization is more difficult than in Germany, is no coincidence.

The attention in Riesensaal is high. Who needs time, also missed nothing.Even the toilets are listening to the speeches and dialogues from boxing.Jehovah is truly everywhere.

Grin Big.gifIt sort a' loses/gains a little 'something' in the translation.Laughing Crack up.gif

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, A fellow servant said:

I just read "Working Alongside Jehovah's Witnesses at Warwick" on jw.org and I was encouraged by the experiences of the non witnesses who have been around the volunteer brothers and sisters.      I phoned my brother who is studying and encouraged him to read it.     He said ,"You can see Jehovah is drawing all those people who are right hearted."   It was a very encouraging to say the least.    The comments, attitudes of those non witnesses  in working alongside the friends have made changes..     How faith strengthening.

Yes that article is indeed faith strengthening.  (I had to read a couple of times).  With all the vitriol that is spewed in the media about we as a people and our organiztion, it's nice to know that many non-witnesses can evidently "see for themselves" that we are not a cult who have terrorist/extremist views or violent tendencies. <_<

On a personal note, it was heartwarming to read about that tradesman whose changed disposition had a pleasing impact on his wife--just by fellowshipping with the local JW's on the work front.  I can only imagine the positive changes she had noticed around their home.  No doubt this may make her curious and delve into more about what we are about, namely proclaiming the Good News of God's Kingdom.

The one walking with the wise become wise, but the ones who have dealings with the stupid will fare badly.--Prov. 13:20

19 minutes ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Jehovah’s Witnesses to gather in Spokane for first time in 20 years

a very good news article. Because the writer is a witness makes for a different perspective.

Could you please provide a link for us, Brother Ray?Bat eyes smirk.gif

I'd love to read it.yes.gif

34 minutes ago, youthintheministry23 said:

Sorry. I had trouble pasting it last time that's why I only did the title. There we go:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/jun/30/jehovahs-witnesses-spokane-convention-2016/

You're right, Brother Ray.  That was an excellent article.:D

Thanks for sharing!