JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What do you think about crop circles?

I stumbled in this article lately and the word that comes to my mind right away is conspiracy.

Nice Art :)

How do you counter this conspiracy theory? :boating:

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

I couldn't find anything in the society's publications anywhere on crop circles. Here is something from NatGeo, though. Personally, I think they are of demonic origin. Just my thoughts given the great resurgence of interest in spiritism over the last 30 years (i.e. Harry Potter). Just another ploy by our adversary in these final last days.

http://freedocumentariesonline.tv/crop-circle-documentary-by-national-geographic.html

They are man-made. You prepare the drawing at home' date=' spend some nights in the field with friends... and that's it. Or... easier... photoshop... indeed. I do not think this is demonic :glare: ... and of course not from Roswell-style little grey man from outer space :lol2:[/quote'] There was a documentary on the science or history station showing how they do them. It all started out as a joke and then became an art form.

48525=2365-mexwave.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

It's the fashion for students on their term break to do these things. They plan them on a computer or graph paper with compasses, then after a few drinks at a local pub until late at night, they head off into fields with rope, bar stools, planks and surveyor's tape and measure out and start stomping or shuffling the crops down. For circles they dig a post, with rope attached in the ground, and use it as a pivot as they shuffle round on foot or pushing an upside down stool or plank.

Here's a clip from BBC's Trivia Quiz show QI on Youtube about it:

So, just HOW do they do such intricate designs in the middle of the night?

Not everyone agrees that they are all the result of student hoaxes.

http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/

Can you imagine the noise that students would make in the middle of the night bashing around with planks

and ropes and pegs. It would be enough to make any farmer go and investigate the noises.

I think farmers are pretty protective of their land and crops and would be quite aware if a group of people were roaming around where they shouldn't be. ( Unless they are in on it) Sound travels far at night.

Yes farmers usually are in on it. If not, then the students can be fined thousands of pounds for criminal damage of crops.

Britain is a fairly breezy country (hence the many windfarms here), so it is hard to hear folk thrashing about in fields at night and if they are behind stands of trees/copses, ancient/tall hedgerows or rolling hills, you won't see them. It's rare we get a quiet night here to listen out for folk in fields, so farm equipment thefts, livestock russling/theft and stealing metal gates and railtrack cables for scrap copper is so common it is described as endemic. There's a big criminal business among illegal gangs of East European immigrants stealing farm gear from barns near farms and shipping it back to their homes across Europe.Farmers hear nothing as they live in thick walled stone buildings with double-glazing or they don't live on the land anymore and rent fields from large landowners (Aristocracy and including the Church of England) miles from where they actually live.

My thoughts on crop circles - they are cool. (Um, thats it )

do you think going down the road of conspiracy theories...could come under as "Do Not Follow "False Stories"" ...from this weeks Watchtower?

par 10

10 Paul’s warning about false stories is part

of his first letter toTimothy, a Christian over-

seer who was charged with preserving the

purity of the congregation and helping fel-

low believers to remain faithful. (1 Tim. 1:

18, 19) Paul uses a Greek word that can refer

to fiction, myth, or falsehood. According to

The International Standard Bible Encyclopae-

dia, this word refers to “a (religious) story

that has no connection with reality.” Per-

haps Paul had in mind religious lies promot-

ed by sensational tales or fanciful legends.1

Such stories only “furnish questions for re-

search”—that is, raise frivolous questions

that lead to pointless research. False stories

are a ploy of the archdeceiver, Satan, who

uses religious lies and godless myths to side-

track unsuspecting ones. Paul’s counsel is

clear: Do not pay attention to false stories!

d astray the unwary? In principle, the ex-

pression “false stories” can apply to any reli-

gious lie or myth that could turn us “away

from the truth.” (2 Tim. 4:3, 4) Satan, who

pretends to be “an angel of light,” has made

clever use of false religion in misleading

people. (2 Cor. 11:14) Under the guise of

Christianity, Christendom teaches doctrines

—including the Trinity, hellfire, and im-

mortality of the soul—that are awash in

myths and falsehoods. Christendom also

promotes holidays, such as Christmas and

Easter, whose seemingly innocent customs

are actually rooted in mythology and pagan-

ism. By heeding God’s warning to separate

ourselves and “quit touching the unclean

thing,” we will not be misled by false stories.

—2 Cor. 6:14-17.

or nothing like?

It has been my experience that Satan is great at 2 things - counterfeiting and distracting.

Anything that takes us away from the ministry as our focus is a distraction and all the distractions that do that come from him. Meanwhile, all good things come from Jehovah (James 1:17). Is this one of those distractions? It can be, but if we just leave it in its place - it won't be.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It has been my experience that Satan is great at 2 things - counterfeiting and distracting. Anything that takes us away from the ministry as our focus is a distraction and all the distractions that do that come from him. Meanwhile' date=' all good things come from Jehovah (James 1:17). Is this one of those distractions? It can be, but if we just leave it in its place - it won't be.[/quote']

48714=2387-Devil_reads.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Yes I saw that episode. People originally thought it was the indentation of a spacecraft that had landed in the field. The intricacy of the later designs refute that theory, and then to have someone come on the TV and admit they have done 100s over the years, well... I loved the question "Is it real, or is it man made?".:drool:

This is exactly the same problem with Ufo video.

"no one can explain it ! so this is real" What more do they have. NOTHING I`m so grateful we have the Truth. We don't` need to be excited about all these other things.

"Okay, we did it for the lulz"

You know what ? They are bored.