JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Are we really vandalyzing pagan temples?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2847 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Destroy-Ancient-Indigenous-Temple-in-Mexico-20160628-0009.html

Is this for real? I can't really believe the organization has actually "fessed up" to vandalizing an ancient temple/heritage site. Seems like something someone would have done and claimed they were Witnesses in order to give us some bad press.

Sorry if this has been covered -- I did a quick search to see if there's already been discussion of this here and didn't find anything -- but I'm kind of in a hurry right now, so don't have time to search more.

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

This is just goofy. Probably a few apostates doing evil. 

..or over zealous Bible students that didn't realize that we don't destroy pagan temples anymore...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When I heard the news, I thought they could be either:

- Non-Witnesses who identified as Witnesses to malign us or for any other reason.

- Bible students with much zeal and lack of accurate knowledge.

- Some Witnesses who had gone nuts.

Since he branch researched and said no one knew them in any of the congregations in the area, I tend to believe they had nothing to do with JWs.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)