JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Interesting article on religion

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4608 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The part of the article about 'picking and choosing just the part of religion that makes sense to you' explains so much in this world we have today. That is exactly where I was at several years ago, I am so very happy I answered the door the morning a sister was offering bible studies! Thank you for posting the link.

it reminds me of

“THE SUPER-MARKETING OF RELIGION”

The director of the National Vocation Service of the French Catholic Church was quoted as saying: “We’re seeing the super-marketing of religion. People consume, and when they don’t find an institution they agree with, then they go somewhere else.” In a study of European religion, Professor Grace Davie of Britain’s Exeter University said: “Individuals simply ‘pick and mix’ from the diversity on offer. Religion, like so many other things, has entered the world of options, lifestyles and preferences.”

full article...

http://www.watchtower.org/e/200702/article_02.htm

I would agree that False religion is a snare and a racket but not All religion is False. Yes, True Religion is a way of life.

Rutherfords thoughts have been updated with new light.

Webster: Religion

a : the state of a religious

b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices

3archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness

4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

There was an elderly short-sighted sister in our congregation who used to see the brothers advertising this talk in the early days of our ministry on sandwich Boards, but she read it as "Religion is a snake and a rabbit!" So she hung around for the talk to be broadcast from a soundcar or phonograph to see what it meant and then realised her mistake on hearing the correct words! It was listening to the talks on phonographs that helped her into the Truth.

50215=2524-phonographs.jpg A Bookmark

Great comments everyone!

David, I think your comment "lazy believers" about sums it up.

Syliva, good for you for being open to the truth! For many, they think, why change? They can decide for themselves what is good and what is bad, and still be considered saved. They are deceiving themselves, and they prefer it that way. It's great to hear that their are still some who are actually interested in the truth and what God's feelings are.