JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

motorcycles

personally i wouldnt trike it. if you dont get everything just right with suspension etc the trike will be more unstable than just a regular motorcyle.. may hop in curves. they make trike kits for those bikes...just look online...in any case ride safe. i have 96 gw with 137k on it

ahhh but i love a challenge , i used to fabricate parts for nascar muesum cars, i would only trike it if i can build it myself , im not much into kits, i am looking at a jaguar or 300zx rearends, i know kit companies use 9" ford rearends

Last night I enjoyed a Discovery Chanel American Chopper's Trike build for Gears of War 3. Paul Tuetul Jr.is fabricating a 6-speed trans trike with reverse, V-twin, with a customized gear/cable front steering suspension wide meats front and rear. Hammerhead mentioned stability issues, something that they are also addressing. They are considering installing a front shock type stabilizer. Check it out next Monday evening, it's for serious Gearheads...:rockon::D

Forget the trike and fixer her up, that is one of the smoothest running bikes on the road even though she has a few years on her. I own a 2000 ST1100 and I just rode with another brother from the Bay area down to San Diego then up to BC, Canada, Montana, Wyowama, Colorado then back to California. You got yourself a gem.

ok the trike idea is on hold until i can get the bike up and running , plus i want to learn to ride that on 2 wheels.

Maybe i should design a set of training wheels for it lol.....could you imagine ? :eek:

Yeah Sam, Building trikes can be tricky. Moto Mark 1 in Holly Springs, Garner and Harrels has an advanced maneuvering course that it's techniques are shared with Law Enforcement and the Marine Corps. I just hope you don't advance to doing high-speed wheelies down the freeway at 80 mph. I hate that when it happens. :D

i want a motorcycle but im not a extreme sportjunkie , if you notice it is an 1000 lb cruiser not a 600lb sportbike

Plus im not afraid of making it a trike , i will eventually unless someone buys it from me first, just put it on hold, i might ship it to the philippines as a trike for my future brother in law

Maybe i should design a set of training wheels for it lol.....could you imagine ? :eek:

I dont know how training wheels would be but I'll tell you what I did see one time---

I was on my way to work one morning on my 750 Honda and was passed by another bike that had a full roll cage..

Yup, not a mis-print, this bike had a full cage--looked like 1.5" square tubing, mitered corners, all welded construction...I wish I had a camera that could take a picture from my mind, I would love to show you this----:scooter:

A bike with a full roll cage ? Sounds interesting. A few years ago I snapped a picture at a stoplight of a biker who installed a small block V-8 on a chopper. He straddled the crotch rocket like a horse and it sounded like a dragster that needed a roll cage.

I have never been too crazy about trikes, However Sam's idea of installing an independent Jag suspension sounds interesting.

They have a 57 Chevy Trike with fins, V-8, lots of chrome, and a HD front suspension at the local dealership, that turns your head...:D

yes i can pick up a jag rear end cheap , and i have Mobile sandblast vac, to do the clean up with and i know a great powder coater.

the hard part will be having the axles cut ( one has to be lenghtend the other has to be shortend ) and balanced.

the actual hog's head must be offset from center to align with the drive shaft of the honda

i saw pics of a guy using this set up with rear fenders cut off of a honda delsol , i will post pics if i can find them

Well i sniped the fried wres and grafted in new ones hooked up a battery and she turns over just fine!

I have alot of hoses to replace and timing belts, ect ect.

BUT this is a great start to know it turns over , i even squirted carb cleaner in the carb and it acted like it was going to take off running! whew!!!! load off my mind.

i did notice however the regulator will need replacing but its not expensive.