JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Train Crash in Hoboken, New Jersey

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2759 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A NJ Transit commuter train crashed into the Hoboken's historic train station this morning, with dozens of people hurt, including "multiple critical injuries," authorities said.

Up to 100 people overall were injured in the crash, officials said.

Federal investigators are en route, according to Matthew Lehner, spokesman for the Federal Railroad Administration.

Passengers say the train, number 1614 on NJ Transit's Pascack Valley line, started in Spring Valley, New York at 7:23 a.m. with a scheduled arrival time in Hoboken of 8:38 a.m, but was running late.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nj-transit-train-crashes-hoboken-station-reports/story?id=42444695

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Huh, I wonder how that happened? ....lol.

Does he mean their shift was cancelled before or after the accident?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Does he mean their shift was cancelled before or after the accident?

After reading what the  young pioneer brother had to say, it seems you could legitimately draw several conclusions from the content. 

Were the 'sisters' his flesh and blood sisters, or spiritual Sisters?

When was their shift cancelled? 

Was this  'shift' referring to the cart work, or secular employment? 

Since the usual location for the cart is apparently near the accident site, was anybody able to offer  'comfort' to the injured? 

Since people were injured,  we could deduce that no Witnesses were injured,  which is good for us, we offer our condolences to those others that were injured. ...

4 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

He's an only child so spiritual

Sisters cart witnessing was cancelled due to crash

Don't know about "comfort" being provided.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for this,  it does correct some of my own personal assumptions. 

NBC News tonight reported that the train's operator said his instruments showed he was only going 10 miles an hour when the train hit the station.  He also claims to have no memory of the crash.  

Authorities found the 'black box' from the rear of the train, but its born on date had long ago expired, so it was useless to their investigation.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Got ok from dear Bro to share:
"There is a brother in my congregation who regularly takes the train that crashed in Hoboken. He always sits in the 1st car and usually stands as it pulls into the station. He was at a doctor's appointment at the time of the crash. A fellow employee that usually sits next to him was home sick."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk