JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Songbook: "Sing Out Joyfully" to Jehovah

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2407 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3 hours ago, Rochelle said:

GREAT NEWS for Germany: From January 2018 onward we will sing from the new Song-book  as it is mentioned in the first study-article of the Nov. 2017 Study-Edition of the WT wih the super-fitting title: Make a joyful Sound!

I wonder when they will release the songbook in German on jw.org and JW Library :confused:

I wonder when they will release the songbook in German on jw.org and JW Library :confused:

It will probably appear there before it's available in print. It is sometimes uploaded a few weeks before first scheduled usage. In Swedish, it was uploaded some 20 days before first usage. It is still not available in print. Instead, the friends make good use of the videos and the digital editions. You will also get a letter to your BoE that will be read to the congregation with the date.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

GREAT NEWS for Germany: From January 2018 onward we will sing from the new Song-book  as it is mentioned in the first study-article of the Nov. 2017 Study-Edition of the WT wih the super-fitting title: Make a joyful Sound!

You will start using the new songbook the week after that study though, so you'll get some preparation. Other language groups, such as Danish, will begin using the songbook from that week, though. French will start from first week of 2018, too.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

7 hours ago, Thesauron said:

You will start using the new songbook the week after that study though, so you'll get some preparation. Other language groups, such as Danish, will begin using the songbook from that week, though. French will start from first week of 2018, too.

Johan

Thanks for clearifying - I guess I was just too happy and overlooked that aspect. Nevertheless... we know have a date :backflip:

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This week's CLAM meeting Song #62 had me recalling the scripture at Revelation 7:9.  It is such a triumphant song that we sing to Jehovah and, in my minds eye, I was singing this song as part of that "great crowd" that comes out of the tribulation.  The lyrics truly indeed stirs the mind, heart and soul.

Make a joyful shout, A joyful cry to God, our King!
Laud his name, give honor; A joyful anthem sing.

Join the mighty crowd, And sing aloud before the Lord.

Harp and horn and trumpet

Sound praise in full accord.

(CHORUS)

Sing, sing, sing!

The new song, let it ring!

Sing, sing, sing!

Jehovah is our King.

Will we not feel the desire to sing a triumphant/victory song in praise to God and to The Lamb?  :bible2: