JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

SPOILER: 2017 Memorial Invitation and Watchtower No. 2 2017

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2573 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Zebra555 said:

Not quite what I wanted. :oops:

What about the second image I posted? (I posted the first one by mistake and couldn't figure out how to delete it so had to leave it in the post with the second image.)  All you have to do is save the image to your tablet (phone) and then open up your "gallery" or photo program and then click "edit" and "rotate" it the direction you want it to go.  That's what I did.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

7 hours ago, niall said:

Just so no one gets the wrong impression — the images I posted are not the originals. I removed the text, extended them vertically, and added the text back in (smaller and different position).

Jamie posted the originals. I modified what Jamie posted. 

I know you probably figured that out. You are free to use them as wallpaper, just as long as you know they are not the originals from the Society. :) 

6 hours ago, jscotchie said:

I know this probably won't help you because you're waiting for the images to appear on the site, but the links below show that the images link back to jw.org. This is where I got them from:

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/202017082/E/art/202017082_E_cnt_2_xl.jpg

https://assetsnffrgf-a.akamaihd.net/assets/m/202017082/E/art/202017082_E_cnt_4_xl.jpg

If anybody wanted the links, there ya go! :) 

So the photos are from our offical website.

7 hours ago, Zebra555 said:

Can someone do the images in landscape please?

You can just zoom and crop but it might be a bit pixelated.

I can't extend the width of the image without recreating the missing parts of the people, and that's way beyond my abilities in this System. 

Extending it vertically was was a simple matter of cloning the "empty space."

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

If you get one of the elders to download the artwork for the Public Cart witnessing, they have a "horizontal" view of this picture.

12 hours ago, jwhess said:

If you get one of the elders to download the artwork for the Public Cart witnessing, they have a "horizontal" view of this picture.

Ah, Thanks John, good idea. I will wait until it's available then.

11 hours ago, jwhess said:

I will pick some up tomorrow after service to begin the layout for the printing process also.

Layout is similar to last year, move it down slightly.

With two congregations first we confirm our time for Memorial.

Next is date for Special Talk... Assembly doesn’t interfere, we have it at the beginning of the April. COBE is checking with CO as last year his visit was the week of the Talk so we had to move it to the next week.

202017082_E_cnt_4_xl.jpg                                                       

What is the theme/Title of the Special talk?  ...  and is it the following Sunday April 16th or the 2nd Sunday (23rd) after the Tuesday night Memorial? 

... may we start to see the rest of the invitation please?

Edited by timpin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 11:37 AM, timpin said:

What is the theme/Title of the Special talk?  ...  and is it the following Sunday April 16th or the 2nd Sunday (23rd) after the Tuesday night Memorial? 

Special Talk  "How To Cultivate Peace in an Angry World"/ Sunday, April 16, 2017 (unless you have CO visit or Circuit Assembly)

On 12/18/2016 at 10:18 AM, jwhess said:

It is surprising that the Special Talk is at the end of the same week as the Memorial, but is true.

Isn't the special talk always the Sunday after the memorial?  Seems that's the way its been for a few years.  I remember because I run all 2000 invitations thru my printer every year.

4 hours ago, The Deej said:

Isn't the special talk always the Sunday after the memorial?  Seems that's the way its been for a few years.  I remember because I run all 2000 invitations thru my printer every year.

In 2016 Memorial was March 23, 2016 and Special Talk was April 11, 2016.  In 2014 the Memorial was April 14, 2014 and the Special Talk was April 27, 2014. In 2013 the Memorial was March 26, 2013 and the Special Talk was April 7, 2013.  In 2011 the Memorial was April 17, 2011 and the Special Talk was May 1, 2011.  The rule used to be "No other significant event during the week of the Memorial".

37 minutes ago, jwhess said:

In 2016 Memorial was March 23, 2016 and Special Talk was April 11, 2016.  In 2014 the Memorial was April 14, 2014 and the Special Talk was April 27, 2014. In 2013 the Memorial was March 26, 2013 and the Special Talk was April 7, 2013.  In 2011 the Memorial was April 17, 2011 and the Special Talk was May 1, 2011.  The rule used to be "No other significant event during the week of the Memorial".

love your specific details, what about 2015?   2012?

Edited by timpin

2017 Tue. April 11 "Peace, Health, and Prosperity - Everyone's Dream!"   ...   April 16 "How To Cultivate Peace in an Angry World!"

2016 Wen. March 23 "You will be with me in paradise - how?"   ...   April 3 "Are you on the road to everlasting life?"

2015 Fri. April 3 "Millions will attend-will you?"   ...   April 12 "A promise of perfect family happiness."

2014 Mon. April 14 "Millions will be coming will you?"   ...   April 27 "Why would a loving God permit wickedness?"

2013 Tue. March 26 "One man died for all - who? how? why?"   ...   April 7 "Does death end it all?"

2012 Thurs. April 5 "How do you view Jesus?"   ...   April 8 "Is it later than you think?"

2011 Sun. April 17 "Jesus takes away the sin of the world - how? why?"   ...   May 1 "Bible principles - Can they help us to cope with today's problems?"

2010 Tues. March 30 "Jesus gave his life for many - why? what?"   ...   April 18 "Real peace and security- When?"

2009 Thurs. April 9 "Keep doing this in remembrance of me - what? why?"   ...   April 26 "Is there a true religion from God's standpoint?"

2008 Sat. March 22 "No greater love was ever shown - whom? how?"   ...   April 6 "Who is qualified to rule mankind?"

2007 Mon. April 2 "Remember the greatest man that ever lived - who? why?"   ...    April 15 "You can feel safe in this troubled world!"

Edited by timpin

• 3 weeks later...

We had a letter read some time ago advising that there is a branch visit scheduled for Canada the weekend of April 15/16, and all congregations will listen to a special program (either on Saturday or Sunday), which will take the place of the regular weekend meeting. I'm guessing that we'll have the special talk on the 23rd instead.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 1:21 AM, everyday said:

This will be great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

especially with those themes   ...   2017 Tue. April 11 "Peace, Health, and Prosperity - Everyone's Dream!"   ...   April 16/23 "How To Cultivate Peace in an Angry World!" 

...   less than 2 months away - campaign starts in just 5 weeks!

simplest invitation ever - wait till you see the inside!

Edited by timpin

We just received notice of our CO visit during the week of the Memorial.  He will give his talk on 4/16 so we are having the Special Talk moved to 4/23.  I had already printed about 2400 invitations (about half of the shipment).  We are printing labels to cover the incorrect date.

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2016 at 11:37 AM, timpin said:

202017082_E_cnt_4_xl.jpg                                                       

On 12/23/2016 at 6:39 AM, timpin said:

2017 Tue. April 11 "Peace, Health, and Prosperity - Everyone's Dream!"   ...   April 16 "How To Cultivate Peace in an Angry World!"

2016 Wen. March 23 "You will be with me in paradise - how?"   ...   April 3 "Are you on the road to everlasting life?"

2015 Fri. April 3 "Millions will attend-will you?"   ...   April 12 "A promise of perfect family happiness."

2014 Mon. April 14 "Millions will be coming will you?"   ...   April 27 "Why would a loving God permit wickedness?"

2013 Tue. March 26 "One man died for all - who? how? why?"   ...   April 7 "Does death end it all?"

2012 Thurs. April 5 "How do you view Jesus?"   ...   April 8 "Is it later than you think?"

2011 Sun. April 17 "Jesus takes away the sin of the world - how? why?"   ...   May 1 "Bible principles - Can they help us to cope with today's problems?"

2010 Tues. March 30 "Jesus gave his life for many - why? what?"   ...   April 18 "Real peace and security- When?"

2009 Thurs. April 9 "Keep doing this in remembrance of me - what? why?"   ...   April 26 "Is there a true religion from God's standpoint?"

2008 Sat. March 22 "No greater love was ever shown - whom? how?"   ...   April 6 "Who is qualified to rule mankind?"

2007 Mon. April 2 "Remember the greatest man that ever lived - who? why?"   ...    April 15 "You can feel safe in this troubled world!"

Thanks again for what has truly been a beautiful screensaver.

Since first receiving this we could not have possibly imagined that so many things would have taken place on the Worlds scene and how unbelievably precisely historic Jehovah has proven to us once again how accurate his Timing is !

Edited by timpin