JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How to put the Daily Text as the first screen

A while back ago, when we first got the WT CD, I was able to put the Daily Text as the first thing that I see when I turn on the computer.  Can one do that now? Either from the CD information, or the WT Online Library?

Edited by rbrown1205

My Library on DVD comes up with the Text by default. If I put the Library in "startup" it will launch when the PC boots and the text will be there when the computer is up.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

4 hours ago, Qapla said:

My Library on DVD comes up with the Text by default. If I put the Library in "startup" it will launch when the PC boots and the text will be there when the computer is up.

How can I put the WT lib into the start up, brother John.  The technical side of these things confuses me and I have to relearn it everytime I go into that part of my computer. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Are you using Windows 10?

I will walk you through if I can.

• Hold down the "Windows key" and hit the "R" (this will pop up a run window)
  • type shell:startup into the box and hit enter or click OK (this will open the "startup folder")
  • If your WT Library Icon is on your desktop - right click on it and hit "copy" ..... if you do not have it there or have desktop icons turned off (like I do), navigate to your WT Library app in the Windows drop-down list from the start button. Right click the icon, then select "more" then select "Open File Location" - the folder will open with the file highlighted. Right Click it and hit "Copy"
  • Go back to the open Start Up Folder and right click in the open pane and hit "Paste" (it will paste the shortcut to the WT Library app in the folder)

When you boot up, the WT Library will start until you remove this from the Start Up Folder

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, Qapla said:

Are you using Windows 10?

Not on this laptop which is my main one.  Windows 7 on here.  I hate Win 10 and am holding on to this as long as possible.

Can I do it the same on here?

Thank you, brother John 

With Windows 7 it should be even easier. In the Start Button drop-down menu there should be a "Start Up" entry. Just paste the shortcut in there - you should be able to "drag-and-drop" it. If you "right-click-and-hold" while you drag it, it will let you "copy" the shortcut instead of "moving" the shortcut.

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

With Windows 7 it should be even easier. In the Start Button drop-down menu there should be a "Start Up" entry. Just paste the shortcut in there - you should be able to "drag-and-drop" it. If you "right-click-and-hold" while you drag it, it will let you "copy" the shortcut instead of "moving" the shortcut.

Thank you so much brother John.  Works perfectly .. and was so easy.  :kisscheek: