JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are you watching these days? Fall lineup.

Hey Rachel...

Loved that you posted that picture of Sheldon and Amy Fowler of Big Bang Theory....The humor is so clever, but I understand how some may not like it as it's a little too intellectual for some people to understand it...

I like the intellectual stuff and the clever writing. I don't care for the moral attitude of the other characters, I guess most TV shows are like that nowadays but Sheldon and Amy are so NOT interested in that kind of thing that they almost make up for it. vulcan.gif

Yes, I agree... I like the intellectual, funny banter that goes on between the characters, as well as watching their social ineptness...

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Hi Aelon' date=' I really like Kathy Bates--she's an excellent actress, and I enjoy the strong, gutsy character she portrays.[/quote'] That's one of my favorite shows too.

53198=2744-Nanny.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

We're watching: THE BIG BANG THEORY, MENTALIST, HARRY'S LAW, THE GOOD WIFE....

Musky likes 'Storage Wars'

I watched the Good Wife all last season, but the season finale had me rethinking whether I should watch it. Of course since it is now between two of my favorite shows, The Amazing Race and CSI:Miami, I thought I'd give it a try last Sunday. At first, it was okay, but then of course they have to put in all of those immoral scenes. And from the previews for this coming Sunday, it seems that it will be the same thing, so I think I will find something else to turn it to. I don't think that I should allow myself to be entertained by someone having an affair--even if it seems justified that the husband did it first and they are now separated.

Funny how Satan's world can make us think good is bad and bad is good, we must always be on guard. Especially going into this month--I HATE October!! All of the Satanic themed things--just the thought of it makes me shudder! :upset:

my favorite progamme is "Monk"...the detective series ...which has just finished...and most crime detectives...I have just come across "the Big Bang Theory"...which is what I call clever humour...

I saw this in Wikipedia,...about Sheldon

"Religion has played a minor role in the series. Sheldon was raised in a fundamentalist Christian household but currently does not follow a religion. He refers to his childhood as "hell", and a common theme is his constant clashes with his devout mother, Mary, whose creationist beliefs often come into conflict with Sheldon's preoccupation with science. In "The Lunar Excitation", Sheldon mentions his agreement with Mary that he will attend church once a year. In "The Wheaton Recurrence", after scoring a spare in bowling, Sheldon happily exclaims "Thank you, Jesus!", before hastily adding "...as my mother would say."

@Mrs. Musky I don't know really the names of the actors there but I like the story line. :)

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

in one of the episode, Sheldon say sadly that he will spend his life teaching Evolution to creationnist.

her mother gets angry.

Sheldon : Mom, evolution is not a matter of opinion, this is "facts" !

Mother : This my dear, is your "opinion"

and so she wins the quarrel (tu)

heheheh

in one of the episode, Sheldon say sadly that he will spend his life teaching Evolution to creationnist.

her mother gets angry.

Sheldon : Mom, evolution is not a matter of opinion, this is "facts" !

Mother : This my dear, is your "opinion"

and so she wins the quarrel (tu)

heheheh

Yes, there has been a lot of that kind of back and forth banter between his mother and him about God/creation, etc. And the mother always gets the last word. It makes me think one of the writers is against evolution. :)

Every minute of our precious time should be spend building ourselves up spiritually

:perplexed:

Ecclesiastes 3:1- “For everything there is an appointed time, even a time for every affair under the heavens: ...a time to laugh ...a time to skip about... and a time to throw away"

Of course, we must keep in mind the more important things, and not allow anything, whether it be Television, secular books and hobbies, and JWTalk included, to cause us to neglect the things we need to do to keep ourselves spiritually healthy and heading straight for the door to paradise.

I agree, one brother once said 'there's only so much time you can spend studying'. Yes studying is important, but if you do it too long at once, you get nothing out of it and it becomes a burden. Then it's no longer something pleasurable. We all need diversion.

my favorite progamme is "Monk"...the detective series ...which has just finished...and most crime detectives...

Hey, yes I know it's :offtopic: but fun fact: Did you know the natural brother of the actor who plays Monk is a Witness? He is an elder in my state and has conducted the WT.

Edited by Greenfield

Every minute of our precious time should be spend building ourselves up spiritually

:perplexed:

Ecclesiastes 3:1- “For everything there is an appointed time, even a time for every affair under the heavens: ...a time to laugh ...a time to skip about... and a time to throw away"

Of course, we must keep in mind the more important things, and not allow anything, whether it be Television, secular books and hobbies, and JWTalk included, to cause us to neglect the things we need to do to keep ourselves spiritually healthy and heading straight for the door to paradise.

I agree, one brother once said 'there's only so much time you can spend studying'. Yes studying is important, but if you do it too long at once, you get nothing out of it and it becomes a burden. Then it's no longer something pleasurable. We all need diversion.

I agree....Well stated, Rick!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I've been watching "Criminal Minds," "CSI Miami," "CSI NY," documentaries about ancient Egypt, Rome, Greece, Mexico, the Mayas, Aztecs and Incas, Jerusalem, Hasidic Jews, the days of Jesus and where he walked, the Temple in Jesus' day, the Innocence Project, 500 years after African slavery began, and any documentary on true crime or how the high-up muckety-mucks who run this world are perpetrating their evil---like "No End in Sight. I like documentaries on the Roman Catholic Church and their role in the Holocaust and the Crusades and the Inquisition and their pedophile clergy, etc. "Constantine's Sword" is a great doc to watch. I also like "Bones" and "Without a Trace," and I enjoy old shows like "Monk" and "Columbo" and "DaVinci's Inquest."

Well, Terra Nova was... very Jurassic Park like... :o

Which is why my 5 year old son gives it 2 thumbs up!

He is currently going through this phase where he worships large lizards that wreak havoc and carnage. I think it is transitioning over the Angry Birds though :)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

These are the TV shows I follow, but only if the violence is curbed a bit.

Hawaii 5-0

Royal Pains

Mentalist

NCIS

Rizzoli & Isles

Covert Affairs

I enjoy those shows, too and would add:

"The Middle" Hilarious and the cleanest show on TV (that's not a documentary!)

"Psych" - misleading title...not at all about psychic stuff...(he pretends, but is just really observant) also hilarious!

Got to have some comedy relief!!!