JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What are you watching these days? Fall lineup.

These are the TV shows I follow, but only if the violence is curbed a bit.

Hawaii 5-0

Royal Pains

Mentalist

NCIS

Rizzoli & Isles

Covert Affairs

I enjoy those shows, too and would add:

"The Middle" Hilarious and the cleanest show on TV (that's not a documentary!)

"Psych" - misleading title...not at all about psychic stuff...(he pretends, but is just really observant) also hilarious!

Got to have some comedy relief!!!

Those are all the shows I like Grumpy tivo's them for me and then I watch when I can, unless he forgets and deletes them.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I enjoy those shows, too and would add:

"The Middle" Hilarious and the cleanest show on TV (that's not a documentary!)

"Psych" - misleading title...not at all about psychic stuff...(he pretends, but is just really observant) also hilarious!

Got to have some comedy relief!!!

I also really Enjoy " The Middle" & "Raising Hope" They are soo FUNNY & not filthy like most sitcoms are these days! My old Favorite from growing up is still always "Three's Company" which was considered "racey" when I was a kid, lol.. But I find it still cracks me up to this day! :lol1:

I also Enjoy watching Hawaii 5-0 because it's filmed here and they use many very familiar locations when i was working downtown> And they use actual names of places in the neighborhood, so it's interesting! We even met some of the crew when they came into Jimmy buffet's Margaritaville Waikiki one evening we were there with some friends... Fun stuff :dance:

I'm glad we are able to have DVR, so we record shows & watch them at our convenience, so I'm able to keep priorities straight & keep up my spiritual focus first, w/out too much distractions..;)

I also Enjoy watching Hawaii 5-0 because it's filmed here and they use many very familiar locations when i was working downtown> And they use actual names of places in the neighborhood, so it's interesting! We even met some of the crew when they came into Jimmy buffet's Margaritaville Waikiki one evening we were there with some friends... Fun stuff :dance:

I lived in the Kaimuki neighborhood behind Diamond Head on Oahu in '70-'71 when the original 5-0 was being taped. I had so much fun because they were never going in the direction they said they were going in the show and there would be phone booths set up where there were none. Some of the show was taped with in a block or two of my home but I was never around when they were actually taping. I remember in one scene they were traveling to Waikiki in a car from the Molokai side of Diamond Head but Diamond Head was on the Left side of the car. Go figure.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I lived in the Kaimuki neighborhood behind Diamond Head on Oahu in '70-'71 when the original 5-0 was being taped. I had so much fun because they were never going in the direction they said they were going in the show and there would be phone booths set up where there were none. Some of the show was taped with in a block or two of my home but I was never around when they were actually taping. I remember in one scene they were traveling to Waikiki in a car from the Molokai side of Diamond Head but Diamond Head was on the Left side of the car. Go figure.

Lynn, How cool that you used to live here! (tu) It's so true what you said about locations & filming..

We always laugh because they show a scenery setting saying it's one place then they end up somewhere that in REALITY it's nowhere near where they say they are!!!:lol2: LOL.. I guess it's because they want people to have a certain impression of HAWAII and come visit, the show at times is a walking billboard for the tourism commission & I know they help fund it, so I'v heard ...:uhhuh:

• 1 year later...

I love Hawaii 5 0 both serious.

I also loved Terra Nova. Its not on anymore. Does anyone know if it is still around or did it get canned?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I love Hawaii 5 0 both serious.

I also loved Terra Nova. Its not on anymore. Does anyone know if it is still around or did it get canned?

Terra nova got canceled... I hate enjoying a series and then it is canceled... It happens with great series I was watching. The Event, Flash forward, Jericho...

I'm watching now person of Interest, Continuum, Revolution, Falling Skies, Sherlock and the Big bang Theory

Thanks for confirming the rumors. I love the scenes.

Did you guys know the show was filmed in Queensland Rainforest. ?

They show a waterfall scene. We had ventured there 2 yrs before.

I am hooked on Arrow.

I've been watching Under the Dome. Its different?

I am a little skeptical because it is made by Stephen king.

Can anyone enlighten me if it's a little on the weird side?

Masterchef.

I can watch a little Sheldon he is funny. He reminds me of a brother in my cong. Same manner. A bit straight.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Thanks for confirming the rumors. I love the scenes.

Did you guys know the show was filmed in Queensland Rainforest. ?

They show a waterfall scene. We had ventured there 2 yrs before.

I am hooked on Arrow.

I've been watching Under the Dome. Its different?

I am a little skeptical because it is made by Stephen king.

Can anyone enlighten me if it's a little on the weird side?

Masterchef.

I can watch a little Sheldon he is funny. He reminds me of a brother in my cong. Same manner. A bit straight.

I forgot that I watch Arrow two. It's a pretty decent story... nothing on the weird side.

Another Show i am into is MR SELFRIDGE..

Its a show about the start of a department store in London. as usual there is a little Hanky Panky stuff.

But it is interesting & Classy.

All the Fancy little makeup tins & Parfums Nana & my Aunty had the rouge` etc.

He definitely is a Smiley Cheesy guy.

dr who, also touch but it has been getting to weird and violent not sure I will watch anymore, anyone else watch?

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I don't have a TV anymore and don't even miss it actually. But if I feel like watching something I go to YouTube.

Sooo, now I'm stuck on The Honeymooners. Before it was Carol Burnett. Prior to that it was Lucille Ball. In between it was Mr. Ed, the talking horse. I guess it be Little House on The Prairie next. Once or twice it was Bonanza. Hmmm, maybe it'll be Dr. Kildare next (still love myself some Richard Chamberlain). Oh and I mustn't forget 227, The Jeffersons, All In the Family. My sister said she loves Hallmark movies, but they're mainly mushy romance movies and I'm not trying to feel I want to be married.

Anyway, that's what I watch. The good ole clean stuff that's really funny, and serious.

• 1 month later...

I've vastly cut down the shows that I used to watch, just sticking mostly with the ones I really like. The Arrow, Flash, Agents of Shield, that's about it. I did watch the new Heroes, but that was only 10 episodes or so.

I'm sort of binge watching Parks and Recreation, as well, but I haven't had much time for that recently (stuck in the 6th season somewhere).

• 10 months later...

So I discovered this show on Netflix that was on or actually is still on TV somewhere that started in 2007.  I like discovering shows that are close to the end of the run because then you can watch them back to back and it seems like one long story.  Us older ones will remember when you had to wait a whole week for the next episode, and you have to be at the TV at just the right time or you missed it!!!....how did we ever do it....young ones will never know the struggle.  hahaha   No VCR's no DVR's, no streaming anything.  Anyway It's in season 10 now although Netflix only has 1-7 on it now.  I did read somewhere that they will be adding more seasons soon.  

I really like something with a continuing story-line.  The show is called Heartland.  Its centered in Hudson Canada and is a show about a rancher, his grand kids, horses, and what it takes to run a 600 acre ranch.  Some might call it a bit of young persons show, or a bit of a soap but I disagree.   My family and friends think its weird that a 52 year old guy likes a show about girls and horses but they have never given it a chance.   There is something for everyone.  I like the grandpa character, he's tough, sometimes grumpy but has a good heart.  The filming is second to none.  Beautiful settings, great dialogue and the acting I think is really good.  

What I really like about the show is they never show or really indicate immorality, there is hardly any language in it and if there is its usually apologized for after.  I'm of course not endorsing or recommending it as we are told that we should not really do that because everyone has a different conscience.  but I have to tell you its has been one of my favorite TV shows in many many years.  I only discovered it like 2 months ago and have watched seasons 1-7 once already and am going back thru it again and am on season 5 already.  I'm hoping that by the time I finish season 7 again, Netflix will have the next season or 2 available.  The great thing about this show is it has something for everyone, young and old.  I think it would be a great show for anyone from young ones to grandparents.  But again not endorsing.  lol  I read somewhere that the main character actually does live in Canada and owns a ranch with horses, that's just cool.  

It's funny, growing up my mom had horses and I never rode one once.  I had motorcycles and just never was into horses.  But now I look at this show and I really like this kind of setting.  I think it would be awesome if we go back to this setting in the new system.  Ranching, horses...if motorcycles are not in the new system then I guess horses will do.  :D

On 11/15/2015 at 11:59 AM, Tortuga said:

I'm doing a mini-marathon of Eureka. I just finished watching season 1. 

I just got all seasons on DVD .. bit sad that is not available on Blu ray ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)