JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brunswick, OH could require unrelated apartment renters to have separate bedrooms

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2654 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Really?  This is a thing?

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/oh-medina/brunswick-could-require-unrelated-apartment-renters-to-have-separate-bedrooms

BRUNSWICK, Ohio - Are you currently living in a one-bedroom apartment with an adult who is not related to you? That could soon be against the law in one Northeast Ohio city. 

And some realtors say Brunswick's proposed ordinance would infringe on civil rights.

Right now it's just a proposal and the city says there's more to it than just requiring adults to have one bedroom per person if they're not related. 

Typical, it is not considered a moral issue, but rather a monetary issue, the government is missing out on taxes.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

It's also a sneaky way of trying to stop illegal immigrants from living together.  The goal being if they can't find a home they will move on 

Or live on the streets and become a bigger problem.

I love how the government's solution to things is often to just create a different problem - rather than to actually work on fixing the real issues. Well, I suppose only the Kingdom will fix that. In the New World there won't be such a thing as "immigrant" legal or not. We'll all be brothers and sisters. It's a shame people can't just be that now.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I loved this weeks meeting.

We have to be careful not to look at "illegal immigrants" negatively as well. It is easy, but when we remember that we too are just temporary residents in whatever country we are in - it helps. Its not easy to leave your home to look for a better life elsewhere. We did it when we came into the truth and left many friends behind. It was hard. We should be able to empathize.

Today's world wants to divide and conquer one from another. We have to be careful not to let that nationalistic thinking affect us. I know - I have to remind myself ALL the time. :)

Have a great day :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

i feel it depends on the motive behind the government regulation.if it is to put crimes into check for the security of innocent and law-abiding people (no matter what race or social class they belong to) , i think its a noble regulation,since we live in a world that is filled with lawlessness - 2 tim 3:1-5,13.
so if i want to migrate,i should be willing to follow the proper procedure as a way of assuring the authority that i am a good,peaceful and law-abiding person.Rom 13:3,4.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk