JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Peace and Security" at hand?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2620 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Trump via Twitter:

"Having a good relationship with Russia is a good thing, not a bad thing. Only "stupid" people, or fools, would think that it is bad! We have enough problems around the world without yet another one. When I am President, Russia will respect us far more than they do now and both countries will, perhaps, work together to solve some of the many great and pressing problems and issues of the WORLD!"

w12 15.9. p4:

"just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems."

This one is significant! The world is in disarray..  basically what Trump is saying "l'll fix it !" 

Potentially we could be extremely close ... I mean extremely! 

Well our last RC prepared us for GT we can't say that as a organisation we are not ready ...  but individually? 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, vern said:

never know.  could be. :D  we've had little cry's of peace before..though...

When did we have little cry ? Because I don't remember such event? 

I never seen last days as bad as now ... 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

53 minutes ago, vern said:

the little cry was i think in 97? 87?  forget... it was Babylon the great had a year of Peace and they had all the religions pray together somewhere... we had a kingdom news campaign that year i think.

It was 1986 The Year of Peace https://www.questia.com/magazine/1G1-4079823/1986-year-of-peace

Basically they chose that year to coincide with 40 years since UN was brought into existence, to tout their "successes" in bringing a world without war, rather than a world with Peace. That was not what the scripture is talking about, since it has to be seen that the nations can believably bring Peace and Security. That year was a bit of a fizzer, but these latest murmurings of promises of peace do fit the scriptural requirement more closer.  Interesting!

Edited by hatcheckgirl

3 hours ago, vern said:

never know.  could be. :D  we've had little cry's of peace before..though...

In my talk preparation (outline 98) talks about  significant declaration of P&S

As you have rightly pointed out ..they had "little" expressions but this is in opposite to significant.

I'll be happy when the real deal happens. Lately, they have just been casually talking about it.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 07/01/2017 at 7:58 PM, vern said:

the little cry was i think in 97? 87?  forget... it was Babylon the great had a year of Peace and they had all the religions pray together somewhere... we had a kingdom news campaign that year i think.

Revelation book page 249.

IMG_2585.PNG

I was just coming into the truth when I got the book so the image was very thought provoking.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Jesus told us of earthquakes, etc. happening as signs of the end. It was not possible to look at any one earthquake and say "This is the sign". Looking back we can, of course, see the sign clearly.

As we are not required to act on the sign of peace and security, it may not be possible to see, until it is well underway.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

Jesus told us of earthquakes, etc. happening as signs of the end. It was not possible to look at any one earthquake and say "This is the sign". Looking back we can, of course, see the sign clearly.

As we are not required to act on the sign of peace and security, it may not be possible to see, until it is well underway.

Very good comment! In addition, we should not forget that the text continues with "then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them"

So, if destruction does not come immediately, then it was not the intended exclamation. But we must keep watch (on our tower)!

Let us not forget verse 4!

Syria peace talks to kick off in Kazakhstan's Astana on Jan. 23: UN special envoy

The diplomat also said that he hoped that the talks will pave the way towards UN-mediated political discussions based on UN Security Council resolution 2254 in Geneva on Feb. 8.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-01/07/c_135961824.htm

Syria peace talks to kick off in Kazakhstan's Astana on Jan. 23: UN special envoy

The diplomat also said that he hoped that the talks will pave the way towards UN-mediated political discussions based on UN Security Council resolution 2254 in Geneva on Feb. 8.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2017-01/07/c_135961824.htm

This was also my thought: peace in Syria would also mean security in Europe. Issue of refugee crisis

David; That's right Syria conflict is a big conflict and if this is settled or gives appearance of being settled then .....who knows?! Perhaps cry of P&S ?

In fact ISIS and Syrian conflict are the biggest ones ...

David; That's right Syria conflict is a big conflict and if this is settled or gives appearance of being settled then .....who knows?! Perhaps cry of P&S ?
In fact ISIS and Syrian conflict are the biggest ones ...

That would definitely be a possibility. Especially since the Syrian conflict basically exists only because the USA and Russia are not on the same line. If they were ... We'll see.

It was once said in our literature that the call for peace and security was the most loud after the two world wars. Now, The current threat to peace and security seems to me to be more of terrorism. Or a religious conflict that is unloading around the world. Who knows what happens when an important sanctuary is attacked? Just a consideration

More than 60% of Swedes say US threatens world peace & security

The biggest changes in the way the Swedes see the world’s civil preparedness, security policy and defense have occurred in their attitude towards the United States, the recent poll carried out by the Sweden’s Civil Contingencies Agency

https://www.rt.com/news/373249-sweden-us-threat-security/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

I have my own opinion about this but for the sake of our "neutrality" I will not voice it. :zipmouth:(I just wanted to use new smiley LOL :lol1:)

More than 60% of Swedes say US threatens world peace & security

The biggest changes in the way the Swedes see the world’s civil preparedness, security policy and defense have occurred in their attitude towards the United States, the recent poll carried out by the Sweden’s Civil Contingencies Agency
https://www.rt.com/news/373249-sweden-us-threat-security/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=RSS

I have my own opinion about this but for the sake of our "neutrality" I will not voice it. :zipmouth:(I just wanted to use new smiley LOL 1:)

For me, the important sentence of the article is: "Among the factors affecting peace and security negatively, 55 percent named the influx of asylum-seekers."

A statement from the past year from the Secretary General of U.N.:

“More than that, I urge your ownership of this entire agenda. We cannot expect to effectively respond to today’s peace and security challenges with yesterday’s mindset and capacities,” he added.

“There is a collective sense that our toolbox has not kept pace with the emerging and increasingly complex challenges we face in peace and security,” he said. “Conflict is increasingly transnational and difficult to resolve through the traditional tools at our disposal,” he added.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=53653#.WHYyize1LFo

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/guterres-sicherheitsrat-101.html

sorry...only in German....but last sentence got my attention

new UN Secretary Guterres said: 

"Ich glaube, es ist naiv zu sagen, dass 2017 ein Jahr des Friedens werden wird.

Aber es ist unsere Pflicht, alles zu tun, damit es wenigstens ein Jahr fuer den Frieden wird."

"I think it's naive to say that 2017 will be a year of peace. 

But it is our duty to do everything so that there will be at least a year for peace"

http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/guterres-sicherheitsrat-101.html

sorry...only in German....but last sentence got my attention
new UN Secretary Guterres said: 
"Ich glaube, es ist naiv zu sagen, dass 2017 ein Jahr des Friedens werden wird.
Aber es ist unsere Pflicht, alles zu tun, damit es wenigstens ein Jahr fuer den Frieden wird."

"I think it's naive to say that 2017 will be a year of peace. 
But it is our duty to do everything so that there will be at least a year for peace"

Und ich geb mir hier eine Mühe mit meinem miserablen Englisch