JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How is your backyard?

I am in a process of re-doing my backyard , leveling ground (2 trucks of soil!:eek:) ordered synthetic grass and day-bed, new tables and chairs etc  so I can invite brothers for more BBQ's

I am curious how others are doing or setting up their backyards ... ? (pictures appreciated)

20170111_184203.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Nice we are in the process of putting a lot of stuff in a skip - almost a lifetime of stuff ... so we can move on.

Studio_20170114_133505.jpg

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Stormswift said:

Nice we are in the process of putting a lot of stuff in a skip - almost a lifetime of stuff ... so we can move on.

I did that last week ... my under the house storage was full of junk :depressed:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Looking good Greg! Shady and comfy, will be great for your bbq's!

(BTW, will it be ready by 25th?  I'm in Melbourne for a few days :P )

Yep! only if you grab soil compactor and start working LOL :deadhorse:LOL

14315-9429289.jpg

Just now, Stormswift said:

We going to put up an inflatable pool ... and paint the roof and doors. Then you aussies can pop over for a bbq AFTER the 25th

Wow ..you're real stormswift! I had to stop all the work today due to the Assembley and my public talk on 22 January

12 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

We going to put up an inflatable pool ... and paint the roof and doors. Then you aussies can pop over for a bbq AFTER the 25th

Pool sounds good ! :boating:

My backyard is a piddly thing.  I don't have enough room or shade to host friends for a bbq, so I'll be inviting you all 3 or 4 at a time.  This year I've neglected it (a lot), so when the weather cools down in Autumn, I'll be motivated to do the work that needs doing.

PS, thanks for the invite Mandi!  And yes to Greg, I'll bring some gloves and come over :)

18 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

My backyard is a piddly thing.  I don't have enough room or shade to host friends for a bbq, so I'll be inviting you all 3 or 4 at a time.  This year I've neglected it (a lot), so when the weather cools down in Autumn, I'll be motivated to do the work that needs doing.

PS, thanks for the invite Mandi!  And yes to Greg, I'll bring some gloves and come over :)

We could all do those progresssive dinners, start in NZ for starters and a lazy afternoon, pop over to Gregs for the main and finish at your place with dessert.

Hmmmmm?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

21 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

This is exactly what motivated me to do a make over ...  to  be more hospitable :) my backyard was "overdue" too long.

6 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

We could all do those progresssive dinners, start in NZ for starters and a lazy afternoon, pop over to Gregs for the main and finish at your place with dessert.

Hmmmmm?

Don't forget brothers and sisters in US and Europe , India , Africa  etc etc... ...  we need to source cheap airfares LOL :)

Yes yes we can't be exclusive can we? But we have to keep in mind the counsel for social gatherings so those we can't invite this time will make it on the list for next time. 

Besides Lucy can't take too many for dessert ... unless we have two places for dessert. Muwhaha. (We could start in Chch NZ at dallas' place for breakfast).

7 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Yes yes we can't be exclusive can we? But we have to keep in mind the counsel for social gatherings so those we can't invite this time will make it on the list for next time. 

Besides Lucy can't take too many for dessert ... unless we have two places for dessert. Muwhaha. (We could start in Chch NZ at dallas' place for breakfast).

My list is depressingly l..o..n..g ! :help:

index.jpg

Edited by Gregexplore

1 hour ago, Stormswift said:

Let's just have dessert indoors, I have more room inside, so more invites :)

(have we sorta hijacked this thread, a little??)

2 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

My list is depressingly l..o..n..g ! :help:

index.jpg

Mines longer!! ( and printed on both sides)

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Ok so you added BBQ.  I still don't know if it is a prop, since it isn't working, and if it does work, Where's my steak?:confused:

Thanks Sherlock Holmes for solving the puzzle ! LOL

34 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

That's a real purty back yard Greg, easy to take care of.

Yep, easy maintenance from now on ....  :ecstatic: