JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lowering regulations for Big Pharma?!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2634 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/donald-trump-pharma-meeting/

The president is offering big pharma companies that if they bring back their medicine production to the USA to lower drug prices, that he will lower the regulations for them! Can you say population control!? :wacko: I worry about what they put in the medications today! Also, he wants to approve several pending meds and okay several "cures..." This worries me.... They have been doing stem cell research regarding my disease, and drs are getting to where if you refuse treatment your life can partially become a nightmare.... I can see this system sinking ever faster!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

39 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Can you say population control!? 

Population control?

Is this a conspiracy theory now?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No that was just a bit of sarcasm lol  :wub: I was just referring to the fact that if they lower the actual standards on medicines, they might start putting stuff like plastic or sawdust as fillers :lol: 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

4 hours ago, cricket246 said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/31/politics/donald-trump-pharma-meeting/

The president is offering big pharma companies that if they bring back their medicine production to the USA to lower drug prices, that he will lower the regulations for them! Can you say population control!? :wacko: I worry about what they put in the medications today! Also, he wants to approve several pending meds and okay several "cures..." This worries me.... They have been doing stem cell research regarding my disease, and drs are getting to where if you refuse treatment (It's still a no! from me) your life can partially become a nightmare.... I can see this system sinking ever faster!

The president cannot lower the number of  regulations. That is a matter of law. It is very hard to lower regulations as the removal or lowering of regulations has to go through the same hurtles as putting the regualtions into effect. Trumph's latest thing on ordering the removal of two regulations when intituting a new regulation is uninforcable and violates the laws that set up agencies like the EPA. 

Thinking about it, if the Mexican Goverment foots the bill then maybe..... :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

18 hours ago, cricket246 said:

No that was just a bit of sarcasm lol  :wub: I was just referring to the fact that if they lower the actual standards on medicines, they might start putting stuff like plastic or sawdust as fillers :lol: 

You mean they don't now?  I know the US allows sawdust and bugs in bread. :sick:  That is how they offer high fiber & high protein bread :deadhorse: at a lower price.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Gluten free bread and bread from sawdust are the same.

I find I have a slight douglas fir after taste when consuming gluten free bread.

I don't believe Canadian sawdust is gluten free, too much spruce.  

:ecstatic:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Old said:

I find I have a slight douglas fir after taste when consuming gluten free bread.

That is to Spruce you up! :superman:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 hours ago, Old said:

...let me find my Euell Gibbons cookbook...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D