JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG Ban refused by russian court?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2604 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

keep faith in Jehovah capacity to give you the spiritual food at the good moments, even if this food is only given by his spirit and the capacity of remember you all you have learn.Mat. 10:19 - Is.59:1

have you some old magazines? Read them

have you your bible ? Read it

have you some old videos ? Watch them

have you some bro & sis around you ? Meet them

have you a brain ? Use it to pray

never think that even the russia branch or your local congregation is closed it's mean that Jehovah abandoned you...NEVER ^_~

On 2/27/2017 at 3:11 AM, Victoria said:

Unfortunately it is BANNED. That means that every publication and video with its name is banned. It is a serious problem. We can use very few tools. If somebody can remove from our videos I would appreciate such help very much.

The website was banned , then was unbanned(if such words exist:). But now it is BANNED again. Russia is the only country that banned it.

It must be very difficult there now, know that the entire congregation of faithful ones in the world has been given encouragement to constantly keep you in our prayers that you may endure and hold fast to your integrity. There was a pioneer sister in our congregation who learned the language and visited Russia a couple years ago to help preach. When they went out in service with just their Bibles, our sister asked if they had any literature or videos to work with. Her service partner responded 'No, we're professionals.' :3 It's nice to see that even under persecution, people are holding onto that hope and have a positive outlook. 

(Ephesians 6:11-20) Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; 12 because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. 13 For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm, therefore, with the belt of truth fastened around your waist, wearing the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having your feet shod in readiness to declare the good news of peace. 16 Besides all of this, take up the large shield of faith, with which you will be able to extinguish all the wicked one’s burning arrows. 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word, 18 while with every form of prayer and supplication you carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit. And to that end stay awake, constantly making supplication in behalf of all the holy ones. 19 Pray also for me, that the words may be given to me when I open my mouth, so that I may be able to speak boldly in making known the sacred secret of the good news, 20 for which I am acting as an ambassador in chains, and that I may speak about it with boldness, as I ought to speak.
(Ecclesiastes 5:8) If you see any oppression of the poor and a violation of justice and righteousness in your district, do not be surprised about the matter. For that high official is being watched by one who is higher than he is, and there are others who are still higher than them.
(Isaiah 54:17) No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah.

Edited by Myew

I suppose if and when the Russian government bans the NWT they will charge an arm and leg for the other Russian Bibles in an effort to stop the preaching.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 02.03.2017 at 8:19 AM, Precision said:

Your English is fine...much much better than my Russian  :D  

Wished I could help you out in editing the videos for you. Sorry...but my technical skills are so lacking.  I have never seen the magazines before without any logos. 

Are you allowed to preach just using the New World translation or can you ask the householder if you can share a scripture using their own bible ? 

We can use our Bible so far but it is under trial 

On 02.03.2017 at 9:50 AM, ChocoBro said:

I could try to edit the videos no problem if you really need one. Though I'm not sure if it's a wise idea myself. What exactly is banned? Access to jw.org? Or any publication downloaded from jw.org?

The videos I'd make wouldn't have any jw.org graphics or metatags (I think) or anything... However, you'd have to make sure the audio doesn't refer to jw.org or anything else that's banned.

In general, I see this with mixed feelings. I understand the passion of wanting to share these excellent videos with householders, but it's not like this is Soviet Russia and you're completely cut off from the FDS and need to make your own leaflets using an illegal press or typewriter, right? ;)

You may be surprised but it is much like USSR. I have never seen a paper workbook. I am happy I can use Internet. But our elderly brothers and sisters have very little information. They cannot even read a daily text. 

What exactly  banned is advertising the website. Any publication from it contains the logo and illegal. We must not offer them.Many publicatins are just banned as extremist.

I am not going to share those videos with householders.