JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tropical Cyclone Debbie Impacts Australia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2567 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thank you - I will be sure to contribute more money to the Worldwide Work Donation!! I've been fortunate to be in an area where hardly any disasters occur - I try to give money from ever little check/money I get to the Worldwide work, I wish I could give every penny I get.  My heart goes out to all of my brothers and sisters who have to endure such disasters! 

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Our friends in our congregation in Perth come from the cyclone affected area in Queensland, and have sustained damage to their home.  They are flying back to start the insurance claim and cleanup.  Plus they are auxiliary pioneering last month and this.  Plus, the elderly sister who lives with them (who is also pioneering) is turning 90 this year.  They make 'em tough in Queensland!

We have now been hit in New Zealand by Debbie. Small town on E. Coast of North Is. completely inundated when river burst its bank.  A sister from my Congregation had moved to a home she had there. Took one load of belongings, arrived with 2nd load, should have built an ark. !!! Most houses and shops had at least 1-2 feet of water. No power , sewerage, water.  Fine for next few days then Aussie sending another one.   We're all getting it to a greater or lesser degree.  Thanks to Jehovah we know why and can lift our heads and rejoice

2 hours ago, Phyllis said:

We have now been hit in New Zealand by Debbie. Small town on E. Coast of North Is. completely inundated when river burst its bank.  A sister from my Congregation had moved to a home she had there. Took one load of belongings, arrived with 2nd load, should have built an ark. !!! Most houses and shops had at least 1-2 feet of water. No power , sewerage, water.  Fine for next few days then Aussie sending another one.   We're all getting it to a greater or lesser degree.  Thanks to Jehovah we know why and can lift our heads and rejoice

((((((((((((((Sister Phyllis)))))))))))))

:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif