JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is the best tablet PC on the market today?

Inquiring minds wanna know :-)

I am particularly interested in Android (or Windows 7, if such a thing exists), but left the topic general enough knowing that Apple loyalists would chime in anyway ;-)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I don't know if it's "the best", but I like Samsung's Galaxy Tab:

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/index.html

WOW! thanks for the link.

I watched several of the videos.

So basically, if you have an iPhone and use iTunes - get an iPad. If you have an Android phone and you use the Android Market - get a Galaxy Tab.

I really liked that Galaxy Tab. I am going to see who sells them around here and try one out ;) Nothing like that 30 day return policy :bouncing:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Musky, do you have one of these? How well does iSilo work on it?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Asus just came out with one that has a physical slide out keyboard.

I think Toshiba has one that runs both Windows and Android, and asks you which one you want to run at startup - but its kinda thick I think.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Musky, do you have one of these? How well does iSilo work on it?

No, I don't have one, but I have played around with one and I really like the feel of it.

I have helped several friends install isilo and the WT Library through meekspace and they have all said it works great, as do the "Witness" apps, like "JW Reader and JW Player", etc.

Ooh ooh! I know, I know! animated_student.gif

I just got the Dell Inspirion Duo. Because I found out that not all tablets are actually PCs! :ohmy:

Ipads and most Androids run on apps only but don't actually compute on their own. Maybe Android 3 does. Not sure. :eek:

If you want a tablet that is also a PC make sure you get one that really is a tablet PC.>:D< It will say tablet pc on it. Otherwise it will just say tablet.

I like both j w reader, and jw player . did you notice that j w reader has been taken off the market?

Yes, but they seem to pull it just before they release an updated version, that happened the last time too.

Too many of us have the apk file for it ever to go away! LOL

What does 'troglodite' mean, btw?

:wave: Its like Bohemian, but not as cutesy :drink:

It is amazing how quickly the tech industry has advanced.

Big Floppy (5 1/4"), -> 2 1/2" -> CD -> DVD -> thumb drive -> cards (SD, SDHC, mini, micro - now 32 gigs) WOW! in just a few decades.

Soon .....

Does India's budget tablet computer work?

India's recently launched Aakash is the world's cheapest touch-screen tablet computer - with an off-the-shelf price of about $60. Should we all run out to buy one?

In this tablet-crazy age, you'd think a $60 hand-held Android tablet might trigger midnight queues and riots. Or at least get tech columnists really excited.

But India's super cheap tablet was launched to a less-than-rousing reception, thanks to a history of false starts and hype.

When first announced, the Aakash prototype turned out to be not much more than an oversized memory box. Its ancestor, the functional hand-held Simputer, had flopped over and died.

This tablet started its life as Sakshat, with a $35 subsidised price tag for students. In its shipping form, it's called Aakash, and it will cost 2,999 rupees ($62).

I wasn't expecting much when I took it out of the box, but I was pleasantly surprised...

full article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15302663

Does India's budget tablet computer work?

India's recently launched Aakash is the world's cheapest touch-screen tablet computer - with an off-the-shelf price of about $60. Should we all run out to buy one?

I wasn't expecting much when I took it out of the box, but I was pleasantly surprised...

full article

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15302663

Sian, can you post a review? I am interested.

This thread makes me buy one tablet but i still prefer the Windows OS because of portability.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

HANDS DOWN! - Galaxy Tab 10.1 I picked one up at Target. They have a 45 day return policy ;) Any way, :omg:

58298=3117-MAME.jpg It takes really cool screen shots. Let me know if you want to see anything How about iSilo:

Soon .....

Vietnamese.

I am still working on it. It is taking me a while.

I am having to redo a big chunk as we now have the NWT of the Greek scriptures.

I have kinda of dropped out of trying to doing the 2011 magazines :(

Soon .....

Vietnamese.

I am still working on it. It is taking me a while.

I am having to redo a big chunk as we now have the NWT of the Greek scriptures.

I have kinda of dropped out of trying to doing the 2011 magazines :(

Let me know when you have the WT Library in Vietnamese finished, I get a lot of requests for it!