JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower CD Library Fails to Update

There is a WTE.LIDX file.  Library Index,  its a large file currently 169MB.  Its located in the rs_data folder.  Although it must exist, otherwise Wtlibrary would not run.  So there seems to be a problem accessing or updating it.

Could you try copying the DVD files to a clean USB flash drive and installing the DVD from there?  You are installing the package from Jonathan77  maybe there is some kind of error in the way the Library pointer loads when it installs from that copy.  Try a fresh install using the original files and loader from the DVD and see if it works.  Our COBE borrowed a 2016 version to do this and it updated all the way through 1706 (I think it took 2 or 3 refreshes to complete).  He said he was having a problem with the 2017 files.  Just an option.

• 6 months later...

I have somewhat this same prob. Insignia windows tablet with 120 gb storage card. Downloaded WTLIB to storage card. How do I get updates to go to storage card? I never had this problem before today. I had it on auto update and I think the updates were going to device storage 32gb all gone. When that got full wasn't able to install update today and its a big one 2gb. Im creating a copy of update and saving it to device and see if I can redirect where it goes. Don't know if it will work any suggestions would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, ohiojunebug said:

I have somewhat this same prob. Insignia windows tablet with 120 gb storage card. Downloaded WTLIB to storage card. How do I get updates to go to storage card? I never had this problem before today. I had it on auto update and I think the updates were going to device storage 32gb all gone. When that got full wasn't able to install update today and its a big one 2gb. Im creating a copy of update and saving it to device and see if I can redirect where it goes. Don't know if it will work any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Sr. Nila, I have loaded "FROM" an sd-card but not "TO" and sd-card.  I am not sure if the download is able to detect the location of the main program.  The instructions in the download may be set to Drive C in your main memory. Sorry, I don't know.