JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What does all this means?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

11 minutes ago, Old said:

In what way? World politics? Relevant to the last days? 

To the supporters of the Kingdom? Very little.

As to global warming.  Since the USA are no longer a part?  Effects of? 

I'm learning more about it, just thought I'd ask to gain a better understanding. Rather than rely on my own understanding. 

Thanks. 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Well it just depends on who you trust to tell the truth about it. Everything is so political/divisive these days I really can't put too much trust in what is said anywhere on either side. The effect on the Earth will, I believe, be minimal. Not that I believe global weather is changing or not. I just believe the larger issue is the divide the belief causes in people. And Jehovah has stated he will not let the world be destroyed. This was a prevalent quote during the cold war. I think it would also count for the weather issues now.

So to be clear, it is no longer global warming it is climate change. And even if the earth's weather pattern is changing Jehovah won't let the Earth be destroyed. My thoughts are if there is a change being made by man we will see the new world before it has a large effect. The turmoil due to the discussion is to me a bigger issue for the human race. Just another straw stirring the drink. So no matter which Kool Aide you are offered, don't drink it. (Does anybody remember the Giant Kool Aide pitcher commercials. I miss the simple days of being a kid) 

Edited by Your Brother

If we didn't have the Kingdom hope, I would be worried about climate change and what it would mean for the future of our earth.  Man would destroy the planet for a bit of extra money.  And even though it is of concern, we know that Jehovah will put it right again, actually only Jehovah can put right again because man can't.  Man can't even keep to agreements they sign up for.

Yes, I agree.  It's no biggie for us because the Creator is in charge and we know puny humans can plan all they like - they don't get write the final chapter, Jehovah does.

In saying that, it is a good idea to familiarise ourselves with the current issues on people's mind.  We can use the same discussion whether we are talking about nukes, climate change, disease etc <insert calamity here>.  Our answer is going to be the same = God's Kingdom.

But we are definitely at the pointy end of the business now.  It's close.  The leaders show their intent by putting the economy first instead of the planet.  And we know it isn't just Trump.  All are paying lip service to saving of our planet with any treaty they sign up to.

11 hours ago, Your Brother said:

Well it just depends on who you trust to tell the truth about it. Everything is so political/divisive these days I really can't put too much trust in what is said anywhere on either side. The effect on the Earth will, I believe, be minimal. Not that I believe global weather is changing or not. I just believe the larger issue is the divide the belief causes in people. And Jehovah has stated he will not let the world be destroyed. This was a prevalent quote during the cold war. I think it would also count for the weather issues now.

So to be clear, it is no longer global warming it is climate change. And even if the earth's weather pattern is changing Jehovah won't let the Earth be destroyed. My thoughts are if there is a change being made by man we will see the new world before it has a large effect. The turmoil due to the discussion is to me a bigger issue for the human race. Just another straw stirring the drink. So no matter which Kool Aide you are offered, don't drink it. (Does anybody remember the Giant Kool Aide pitcher commercials. I miss the simple days of being a kid) 

Thank you Bro. for your explanation. 

I already said to myself while listening to the news that Jehovah would step in before he let anyone destroy the earth.  I am not to clear on the global warming effects and or climate change effects.  I just thought I'd ask to get a explanation, but I think everyone else have their own issues to deal with and like me, just too sick to research it. 

Edited by loving life

Correction

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

In saying that, it is a good idea to familiarise ourselves with the current issues on people's mind.  We can use the same discussion whether we are talking about nukes, climate change, disease etc <insert calamity here>.  

Thanks for your explanation.

That's the reason for the question. Already know Jehovah has it in his control, but we never know when we meet with the issue in our ministry.

I need to get to know what it all means to people in the ministry so I can answer them with understanding of their perspective. 

13 hours ago, loving life said:

Off topic......

I'm feeling really good for being able to copy and paste! :backflip:

Something I also had to learn and I've finally done it. My first link!

Thank you Bro. for your explanation. 

I already said to myself while listening to the news that Jehovah would step in before he let anyone destroy the earth.  I am not to clear on the global warming effects and or climate change effects.  I just thought I'd ask to get a explanation, but I think everyone else have their own issues to deal with and like me, just too sick to research it. 

His promise is that he will ruin those ruining the earth. (Re 11:18) You can ruin the earth in many ways. One way is by not caring about your environment. (Some so-called Christians claim that they can do anything since God will not let the earth be ruined.) God has reacted in the past when men have ruined the earth. (Ge 6:11) Back then, people ruined the earth by filling it with violence. In Jeremiah's day, it was Babylon. Babylon, by her military conquests, brought other lands to ruin and is, therefore, called a “ruinous mountain.” (Jer 51:24, 25) These days people ruin the earth in all sorts of ways, politicians and private individuals. We are different. We do not add to the violence or destruction of the earth if we can help it.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

We have discussed global warming in quite a few threads: 

The world feels a consensus approach between the majority of countries, including the major players, is necessary to halt/minimise the effects of climate change (some deny, some think it isn't man made but a natural cycle, but most agree something is happening to our global climate).  Now that US has pulled out of the Paris agreement on agreed levels by 2020, then what will this mean for our planet?

We know, don't we?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement