JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trouble with JW Library on iPad

I'm now having trouble with JW Library.  It's now not updating the what's new feature. My android tablet is updating but my iPad is not.  Could there be a setting that needs to be changed? I would appreciate any help. 

I'm now having trouble with JW Library.  It's now not updating the what's new feature. My android tablet is updating but my iPad is not.  Could there be a setting that needs to be changed? I would appreciate any help. 

Have you tried saving your notes and reinstalling the app?

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I had a similar glitch with the BBC iPlayer app. I removed and reinstalled it but still no joy. However, there was a pending iOS software update that I'd missed and once I installed that, it let me update the iPlayer app.

It might be something similar with the JWL app if Johan's suggestions don't work.

It's bigger on the inside!

1 minute ago, Qapla said:

I would be inclined to think that you already identified the main problem problem when you named the thread

Bad Klingon! You won't be getting to Stovokor if you carry on like that! ha ha

5 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

Bad Klingon! You won't be getting to Stovokor if you carry on like that! ha ha

That's OK - I'm not into their kind of music anyway.

Stovokor is an American death metal band from Portland, Oregon. Its five current members are Bill Salfelder, vocals; Ward Young, rhythm guitar, Jason Lewis, bass guitar; Jason Johansen, lead guitar; and Matt Stikker, lead guitar.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Trey said:

When you pull down to refresh, what's your "last updated" time?

June 3rd 9:04pm The last "What's New" item was 11 days ago. I'm going to delete and re load the app.

Edited by mserskine

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Stovokor is an American death metal band from Portland, Oregon

Really? I thought it was the Klingon afterlife. I would think that group based their name on Star Trek rather than the other way around though, don't you? (I should hope!) :huh:

9 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

Really? I thought it was the Klingon afterlife. I would think that group based their name on Star Trek rather than the other way around though, don't you? (I should hope!) :huh:

I am sure they did, if you follow the link:

"The band is solely based on the Klingon characters that appear in the Star Trek franchise. All of the members of Stovokor dress in Klingon costumes and many of the band's lyrics are written in Klingon language. - The band is named for Sto-vo-kor, the afterlife of Star Trek's fictional Klingon species. Although acknowledging a debt to Klingon-themed karaoke, according to guitarist Ward Young, the band have chosen the perfect genre for their characters: "Klingons are very macho, very militaristic, and metal is definitely their music."

Who needs any "afterlife" when we have the New System coming.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I've never had a problem with updates until Sunday when my songbook wanted to update, so I did....now its in a language I can't even tell what it is! I guess I'll have ti uninstall and redo. Oh goodness, meeting tonight, better go do it

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Just now, bagwell1987 said:

now its in a language I can't even tell what it is!

Just click on the language icon and that should give you the option to select the one you want... alternatively you could try singing in that language for a little challenge! Welsh is fun!

12 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

Just click on the language icon and that should give you the option to select the one you want... alternatively you could try singing in that language for a little challenge! Welsh is fun!

I did click on the appropriate language, it won't change. If I could pronounce the wacky looking (forgive me) words I'd try. :lol:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

16 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've never had a problem with updates until Sunday when my songbook wanted to update, so I did....now its in a language I can't even tell what it is! I guess I'll have ti uninstall and redo. Oh goodness, meeting tonight, better go do it

I have that my songbook is a "pending update" but when I click to update it nothing happens.  That must be a "buggy" update!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Wish I hadn't clicked on it. Pain in the neck. If I knew how to take a screen shot I'd show you what it looks like- Greek to me:D

Just delete the songbook and redownload it again if you can't change the language, you should be able to change the language though.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

3 minutes ago, shali said:

Just delete the songbook and redownload it again if you can't change the language, you should be able to change the language though.

Yep, did that too. Wont fix itself, it says it in English but..:o not MY English

Just turned it on and saw it's now fixed. Maybe rebooting was needed??? Who knows, just glad it's fixed.

Edited by bagwell1987

I take that back. Now the "What's New" is 21 days old. Not sure what to do.

Just wait. If you find that you are missing any new publications, I'm sure the brothers here will gladly assist you with links to the jwpub files at one of our sites.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”