JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

May Your Volunteer Spirit Bring Praise to Jehovah!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2491 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Barak and his men chase after Sisera and his army.

IMG_1596.thumb.JPG.b19bd65588fe9ee6095a28e838dafa3b.JPG

From May Your Volunteer Spirit Bring Praise to Jehovah!

Let's try this. Try to describe this picture as much as you can. This way we can make them searchable.

Edited by Thesauron

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

You gave me an idea...  

We could make a topic similar to the "Post a picture" with pictures from our publications prior to 2010 with explanations that would make them searchable. Something like a picture archive. What do you think?

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

You gave me an idea...  
We could make a topic similar to the "Post a picture" with pictures from our publications prior to 2010 with explanations that would make them searchable. Something like a picture archive. What do you think?

Yes, that's a fine idea too. How would you describe the picture above?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Sisera, the chief of Jabin's army, desperately runs for his life. The israelite army, lead by judge Barak, is chasing him and his army. Jehovah made useless the special chariots which made the canaanite army so confident - they are stuck in mud. Victory did not come by chariots or horses, but by Jehovah's spirit.

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

There are also horses in this picture and a chariot stuck in the mud, it's raining, and Sisera, in protective military gear, is running down a steep hill with sword-wielding Israelites chasing him. He looks scared and a bit silly. The story is found in Judges chapter 4 verses 7-17.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)