JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

October-Fest? :shrugs:

I did some research and didn't see anything political or religious in this. I could see a caution to not drinking too much, but could we go to a restaurant that has that as a theme for the week?

Any from Europe - what council do you got on this one?

They are having a little "Oktoberfest" themed luncheon here. They do a different one every month - government work at its finest. Any way, I stay away from all the religious and political themed ones - 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc. I just go out for lunch that day.

But what do you think of this one?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Lots of beer............:bouncing:

Oktoberfest is an annual fall festival which takes place in Munich, Germany. It is associated with the consumption of large amounts of beer and traditional German foods, along with general merrymaking. With a few exceptions due to wars, Germans have celebrated Oktoberfest every year since 1810, although the early version of the event was dramatically different than the modern incarnation. Many communities with a large German population host their own versions of Oktoberfest every year, encouraging people to celebrate German heritage and join together in fellowship.

The first Oktoberfest was actually a horse race, held to celebrate the wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig I and his wife Therese Saxe-Hildburghausen. The race was such a success that the Germans decided to repeat the event, adding a fair as well, and slowly but steadily, beer entered the mix, eventually becoming the major feature of Oktoberfest. The horse races were dropped in the middle of the 20th century, but it is still possible to purchase a wide range of crafts at the fair, when it happens at the same time as Oktoberfest.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-oktoberfest.htm

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thanks Chuck - by the way your new avatar is that a large martini glass sitting on a coffee table? :bringiton:

And don't say this is :offtopic: we are talking about drinking.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

So, I went home to let little Zoey out - like I do every lunch and missed it. Look at this and tell me if I did the right thing or if I should have went:

60098=3255-oct.JPG

Soon .....

I did some research and didn't see anything political or religious in this. I could see a caution to not drinking too much, but could we go to a restaurant that has that as a theme for the week?

Good call on not going to the work thing, but as for restaurants, I really like this burger: :eat::drool:

http://www.facebook.com/RedRobin?sk=app_152877584789357

What a strange coincidence, I had a Oktoberfest burger at Red Robin just yesterday. I am paying for it today as the onions give my tummy fits but they are yummy. We also had a one foot high pillar of onion rings to share between four of us. Very crispy and delicious.

60168=3265-Onion rings.jpg

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

What a strange coincidence, I had a Oktoberfest burger at Red Robin just yesterday. I am paying for it today as the onions give my tummy fits but they are yummy. We also had a one foot high pillar of onion rings to share between four of us. Very crispy and delicious.

:drool: => :scooter: => :eat: => :D

• 5 months later...

`I just finished reading this thread & all I can say is "who need sitcoms when we have JWTalK!:ecstatic:

oops, I wonder how this came up here. I was reading "vegetarian after the flood" & thought that that was where I was posting on that thread. :help: