JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

TIVO in Australia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2408 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"TiVo officially recommends disposing of your TiVo hardware at a local e-cycling facility."
unquote

This was the last sentence of the story below.

https://www.itwire.com/entertainment/77100-australian-tivo-to-end-on-31-oct-2017.html
Australian TiVo to end on 31 Oct 2017

02 March 2017 Written by David M Williams 

The rapidly changing landscape of home entertainment, which has seen the rise of OTT in recent years, has claimed a major scalp in Australia. TiVo, once so popular it was a verb in the US, is bringing its Australian run to an end. 

Edited by Shawnster

Please post only excepts from a story. Do not post whole articles.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Don't know why I started a new Topic for this subject, since it's so geographically specific, added to that how many even use this service in this area? I didn't know what other forum it should go. I tried Television but it didn't seem to work there for reasons I can't recall right now.

I've used TiVo for years and wouldn't want to be without it so thought it might be of concern to someone here but think not. lol

(Just don't know why TiVo would cut off an entire country like that).

Wish there was an option that allowed us to delete our own mistakes without bothering the mods..:wacko: Just using up space..

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

6 hours ago, Dove said:

(Just don't know why TiVo would cut off an entire country like that).

Because we don't have time to watch TV .. we sit under the tree drinking beer :lol2: watching clouds roll by :sunshine:

41b0b4612934cc67d6f9d0eb898448c6.jpg

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I've been using SageTV for nearly 10 years now. Now that it's open source, it's free other than the 3rd party guide data for $20/yr from schedules direct.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk