JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Science over false beliefs ??

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2364 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/11/canadas-no-bull-governor-general-just-took-on-climate-change-deniers-astrologers

"........At this week's Canadian Science Policy Conference, Payette argued for greater public acceptance of science, saying it's time for Canadians step away from false beliefs such as astrology and divine intervention, while speaking out against people who insist that human activity isn't responsible for climate change......"

Interesting how people are being influenced on how to think.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

more thoughts surfaced in my mind on this about people not putting up with healthful teachings that Jehovah provides.

(2 Timothy 2:17, 18) and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·naeʹus and Phi·leʹtus are among them.+ 18 These men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred,+ and they are subverting the faith of some. 19 Despite that, the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah* knows those who belong to him,”+ and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah*+ renounce unrighteousness.”

w03 1/1 pp. 27-30 - The Watchtower—2003   “There will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, . . . and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.”(2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Paul’s advance warning showed that it was urgent for Timothy to heed the apostle’s counsel.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/11/canadas-no-bull-governor-general-just-took-on-climate-change-deniers-astrologers

"........At this week's Canadian Science Policy Conference, Payette argued for greater public acceptance of science, saying it's time for Canadians step away from false beliefs such as astrology and divine intervention, while speaking out against people who insist that human activity isn't responsible for climate change......"

Interesting how people are being influenced on how to think.

Astrology and false teachings have influenced people’s lives for a very long time. It makes them blind to facts and science.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

30 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Astrology and false teachings have influenced people’s lives for a very long time. It makes them blind to facts and science.

Absolutely. The sad part is that this influential person lumps divine intervention together with astrology, denial of global warming and pseudoscience. Belief in God is not a pseudoscience under any point of view.

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

Absolutely. The sad part is that this influential person lumps divine intervention together with astrology, denial of global warming and pseudoscience. Belief in God is not a pseudoscience under any point of view.

Yeah, and I'd say its normal to find scientists who believe in God and that God actually exists. In fact, over the course of history, its was extremely rare to find a scientist who was an avowed atheist.

To them it’s all the same. But not all religious people deny climate change or science either. Many do, however, and they use religion as a reason. Both sides fail to see that you do not have to deny science to believe in God.

Any day now...

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”