JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

$500 Million Museum of the Bible opens in Washington

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2347 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://time.com/5029473/bible-museum-steve-green-hobby-lobby/?xid=homepage

"The new Museum of the Bible three blocks from the Capitol has a political ambition. The Bible, says the museum’s chairman and the president of Hobby Lobby, Steve Green, needs to have a prominent voice in Washington.

Green said that the museum hopes to engage “all people” with the Bible, and that Washington was chosen because of its volume of tourists and concentration of museums."

I'll stick with our Bible Museum up at Warwick, at least this one didn't cost millions and it's not based on politics.  I wonder how much he'll charge and what the vendors inside will charge for food and drinks.   Isn't Hobby Lobby, a religious entitie?  I've heard of this name before in the news years ago, not sure, but I think I heard of this name before.  

25 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I'll stick with our Bible Museum up at Warwick, at least this one didn't cost millions and it's not based on politics.  I wonder how much he'll charge and what the vendors inside will charge for food and drinks.   Isn't Hobby Lobby, a religious entitie?  I've heard of this name before in the news years ago, not sure, but I think I heard of this name before.  

https://www.hobbylobby.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEM-Brand&utm_term=hobby lobby&utm_content=Brand

The above link is all that I know.

It's all right sis.  No harm intended in the link you found on the news or on their own site.  Satan always wants to be in step with whatever Jehovah is doing.  Jehovah had Warwick built, new headquarters up there , a new Bible Museum and then now look, there's one in Washington D.C.   

15 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

It's all right sis.  No harm intended in the link you found on the news or on their own site.  Satan always wants to be in step with whatever Jehovah is doing.  Jehovah had Warwick built, new headquarters up there , a new Bible Museum and then now look, there's one in Washington D.C.   

Anything to take people away from Jehovah somehow. People would get a good witness as the Bible museum in Warwick, but now there is one in the US capital, a lot of people may become dissuaded. 

On the other hand  the museum may hold actual facts and may aid in what we are trying to teach. Two sides to this.  

Well I thought it was interesting to know it was there. I thought Hobby Lobby was a craft store and had no idea of its affiliations and was a bit surprised reading about this and the ambitions of its owner.  I hope it doesn’t distract from our own Bible museum or the truth. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)