JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I was looking through some <<links to more websites produced and maintained by other Jehovah’s Witnesses>> (located: JW News, Encouragement, & Public Information)...
...While I saw a link about a private school for JWs. http://www.newsystemschool.org/ What?
I've never seen this before neither have I thought for such a thing.
Does anyone know something about it? Moreover, has anyone attend it? And if so, what exactly is taught there?
 I am really curious.. 
:confused:

10 hours ago, Kristian said:

[...]what exactly is taught there?

There is a link to a curriculum page.

http://www.newsystemschool.org/curriculum.html

There is a Frequently Asked Questions link also:

http://www.newsystemschool.org/faq.html

As for the school itself this is unique, but not unusual. In 2004/2005, I attended a high scool graduation for 20 homeschooled children in our area.  (All are JW's and a couple of the students were in my old congregation.) Who were their teachers? Their parents, no doubt, as well as a few adult JW's who volunteered their time to help with their homeschooling.  Although, I'm not certain where their instruction took place.

Personal thought: I wish there was a school like this when I was growing up. Being painfully shy at that time and only one of two or three JW's throughout my elementary, junior high, and high scool, I was subjected to ridicule and bullying because of my faith. Nice to know that a private school like this exists.

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

I attended a high scool graduation for 20 homeschooled children in our area.  (All are JW's and a couple of the students were in my old congregation.) Who were their teachers? Their parents, no doubt, as well as a few adult JW's who volunteered their time to help with their homeschooling. 

So, it works as a replacement for the "regular" school, but instead the students are all JWs instead of friends of the world same as the teachers? I mean, can you attend only that school throughout your childhood? 

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Being painfully shy at that time and only one of two or three JW's throughout my elementary, junior high, and high scool, I was subjected to ridicule and bullying because of my faith

Otherwise, I had no JW classmates at all, I was shy as well and only in the last years of my school (high school) could be "brave" enough and stand up for the truth. Although I did not have any problems, such as bullying, they were listening when I was witnessing to them. 

I'm so sorry that you faced such a behaviour and I'm happy that either way you kept the truth. I can understand how difficult it was. 

I live in an area with supposedly one of the best school systems around. In some ways it is.. teachers are well qualified, curriculum seemed good, schools themselves are in nice areas and are well maintained.. but ultimately I decided to pull my child out and homeschool. 

Regardless of how nice everything is, the students were anything but. They would come to school using all kinds of interesting language, discussing all kinds of crazy things, yelling at teachers, fighting with each other. It proved to be too much for my autistic child, so here we are. She's been home for two years and I have no regrets. 

My youngest will be ready for school soon, but I'm dreading this. Hope a witness only group like this is available around here somewhere. She is a social butterfly and would not do well with regular homeschooling.. especially not with a quiet introvert for a mother. 

Praying for the day when the earth is filled with nothing but a new system school. 

On 1/29/2018 at 2:19 AM, Kristian said:

So, it works as a replacement for the "regular" school, but instead the students are all JWs instead of friends of the world same as the teachers? I mean, can you attend only that school throughout your childhood? 

Otherwise, I had no JW classmates at all, I was shy as well and only in the last years of my school (high school) could be "brave" enough and stand up for the truth. Although I did not have any problems, such as bullying, they were listening when I was witnessing to them. 

I'm so sorry that you faced such a behaviour and I'm happy that either way you kept the truth. I can understand how difficult it was. 

An elder in my congregation runs a private school for his grandchildren, grand-nieces/nephews and a few other children from the congregation.  All are Witness children.  Yes, they can go from grade school to high school graduation.  It operates in conjunction with an online school.

This New System School may be similar.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CyreJay said:

My sister homeschooled her grandchildren  years ago with the new system school.  They did quite well.

And so the subjects are like in the "regular" school, right? Maths, History, Geography etc? 

And is there a "special" subject so the kids can learn more about the bible? 

I'm just interested, because it seems pretty awesome, all the kids being JW's same as the teachers! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...