JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vacation woos

Anyone here that has gone on vacation before loosing your weight? Especially a swim suit vacation and have a good time?

I am going to Hawaii 30 pounds overweight...in six weeks. I know I won’t loose the weight and just broke down and bought clothes that fit me today. I don’t want to ruin my trip with clothes too small

I am trying to cut back my eating and have faithfully walked/jogged 4 miles at least 3 times a week for over 33 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I feel for you Adrianne. I’m trying to do the same thing, but nothing is shifting. However, I wouldn’t stop your very good routine you've had for so long just because the weight won’t shift. It’s doing you good for inner health and fitness for your trip. When you’re there, let go of the stress and enjoy! I find that I actually lose weight when I travel since I am way more active. Have a great trip!

Go do your hair up ... find a waterproof lipstick in the prettiest shade of pink ... buy a sheer flowing robe type of thing that you can wear over your swimwear and enjoy yourself!! You feel glamarous with a cool pair of shades too!!!

I've lost 30 kgs but honestly i've had to go down to 800 - 1500 cals a day to do it - and that can make you feel all energy is zapped from you ... just eat healthy - if you see a buffett add grains, salads and fresh fruits to your plate so that your plate sports the colours green, red and yellow more than it does tan coloured foods like breads and pizza. The colourful foods are foods that will give you energy. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Adrianne said:

I am going to Hawaii 30 pounds overweight...in six weeks.

Stop by Hilo Hatties and buy some comfortable Hawaiian clothes and just enjoy your vacation!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

@Adrianne To answer your question: No. I've never been able to go on vacation. Be happier, you. :mellow:

(Ecclesiastes 5:18, 19) This is what I have seen to be good and proper: that one should eat and drink and find enjoyment for all the hard work at which he toils under the sun during the few days of life that the true God has given him, for that is his reward. 19 Also, when the true God gives a man riches and material possessions along with the ability to enjoy them, he should take his reward and rejoice in his hard work. This is the gift of God.

PS: It's far more what you eat than how much you eat. Biology. https://www.ruled.me/ketosis-ketones-and-how-it-works/

Edited by Myew

3 hours ago, Adrianne said:

Anyone here that has gone on vacation before loosing your weight? Especially a swim suit vacation and have a good time?

Yup. I sure did. Just returned from the beach. Bought a cute swimsuit and had myself a grand old time. Hahaa

I am not totally satisfied with my body, never have been, but something clicked after turning 40 which made me not care as much about appearances. I care more about fun. And fun it was. My kids and I had a ball!

Hope that you can focus on having fun versus the weight that you want to lose. You can continue to tackle that when you get back. :)