JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

missing items on JW app

Hi all.

I am helping a brother who wanted his small windows tablet (win 10) updated. the HD is only 32Gb and there was not much free space to facilitate the update. I removed many items; Chrome browser,  antivirus, JW library (DVD) and the JW app so as to facilitate the update. I put them back one by one afterwards. The only thing that doesn't work properly is the JW app. Things are missing: LMM workbooks, WT, Awake, Programs do not appear at all, on the drop down menu and there are only a few books in the Books section (5?)

I have uninstalled and re-installed it many times but it remains the same.

One thing I noticed is that the download from Microsoft Store is approx 90Mb but installed is only 50Mb; indicated in the remove apps part of Settings. (it is around 900Mb on my tablet pc!)

I'f i knew where the program was physically situated on the 😄 drive I would try and copy my installation (similar transformer type Windows tablet but 64Gb HD) to his but I can't find the specific directory.. usually you could just do a search on the shortcut/properties but I came up short there.

Anyone have this problem?

Hi Jonathan. 

Theme for taking the time to reply. 

Yes I have tried this and you do see the dots rolling across the top of the app. It has not altered anything unfortunately. 

I did see this hagiography once on my own small Win 10 tablet.. Missing menu items.. But it did right it sell. 

I can usually d u scover the place where programs reside but not in this case ;(

I feel bad as it was me that uninstalled it! 

If I get a solution I'll definitely post the result and method, here. 

I've had this same problem on iOS each and everytime I have reinstalled the app.  It takes a very long time for the publication database to download, install, and refresh, on first run.

I have waited up to 20 mins with the app open, and what is most frustrating is that there is no indication of progress. I also believe that the 'waiting indicator' only animates during download, not the installation of the latest database.  Meaning you have to leave the app open (don't let the screen turn off) even after the loading indicator has turned off and wait until who knows when for the database to take hold. 😥

Part of the reason the database is so massive is that it not only includes every publication available but it includes this for every language. Also, when I say publication, I am including every video available on both websites (jw.org and tv.jw);  so that's every video, every broadcast, every book, brochure, etc. multiplied by over a hundred languages.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It's a group chat.  Have you ever used Slack?  or maybe IRC back in the day 

It's like those. 

@ Alan 

PS.. what is a discord 

Discord is not sponsored by nor moderated by JWTALK.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25