JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Yay! Looks like we might get our First snow this week! Bundle up for service Saturday!! I love snow! I wonder if we will have snow in the Paradise?

I love the snow too and I miss it terribly. I am originally from Chicago, been in Texas since 1998. They get snow where I live maybe once or twice a year, but it melts by the afternoon, lol. And the entire city shuts down for an inch or two of snow, lol.

I believe we will have snow in the paradise. The seasons are great, I just feel they may not be as extreme as we are use to now.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's snowing really hard out!!! NE Ohio.

I'll try to take pictures.I'm taking my son to the park.

I have been out in this beautiful snow ALL DAY! Service for 4 hours and shopping and the kids playing out at my mom's....... I LOVE THE SNOW! Especially THE FIRST SNOW OF THE YEAR! Yippee!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! Winter is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!! I think we will have snow in the Paradise too!::o(:P):infatuated:

I went to get the kids from the park where they were playing in the snow

and on the way home the bridge was a sheet of ice,it wasn't that way when I went up it,

me and all the other cars slid down it sideways and out of control.

We were supposed to stop at the bottom for a light and we slid right through.

None of us hit each other though.

My first near miss of the winter.Whew! I hit a telephone pole one year.Slid right into it.

I went to get the kids from the park where they were playing in the snow

and on the way home the bridge was a sheet of ice,it wasn't that way when I went up it,

me and all the other cars slid down it sideways and out of control.

We were supposed to stop at the bottom for a light and we slid right through.

None of us hit each other though.

My first near miss of the winter.Whew! I hit a telephone pole one year.Slid right into it.

With my brand new car.That I loved. Then this summer a huge truck slammed into me from behind

and totaled my beautiful 5 speed stick,it had cruise control and ice cold air!.And terrific on gas.

I'll see if this car will survive the winter.I don't really like this car...I'll probably have another 5 years.

Glad you are ok! I have had more accidents than I care to remember! It got really slick.... but that's ok! I still love it!

A bunch of Snow Haters!!!!!:tongue: lol! I live in Ohio, and if you are a Clevidian, you gotta love the snow! I love all four seasons! Autumn is my fave, then Winter, then Spring, then Summer, in that order! Bring on the Snow! I do have to say, I have been to CA twice, Northern, and it is Gorgeous!!!!! I would miss my fall colors and my white stuff, though!

What a difference living in the snow belt must make. I live 45 minutes or less to the south of you, and I still hate snow and always will hate snow.

I love summer, and strongly believe that in the autumn, when the leave turn orange and red, that they should just turn green again and summer return then (or they fall of the trees and new green leaves blossom right away).

Snow looks good through a picture window, and that is about it.

I'm with you Bob. It's no fun when your fingers and toes are frozen solid and can't move. Living here doesn't make you love it any more. It makes you appreciate the warm weather so much more. Holly is delusional. (I'm allowed to say that because I'm her sister-in-law and she knows I love her) But seriously, snow is pretty when you're inside drinking hot chocolate and looking out the window, but that's it. Cold and sliding on ice is no fun.

A bunch of Snow Haters!!!!!:tongue: lol! I live in Ohio, and if you are a Clevidian, you gotta love the snow! I love all four seasons! Autumn is my fave, then Winter, then Spring, then Summer, in that order! Bring on the Snow! I do have to say, I have been to CA twice, Northern, and it is Gorgeous!!!!! I would miss my fall colors and my white stuff, though!

What a difference living in the snow belt must make. I live 45 minutes or less to the south of you, and I still hate snow and always will hate snow.

I love summer, and strongly believe that in the autumn, when the leave turn orange and red, that they should just turn green again and summer return then (or they fall of the trees and new green leaves blossom right away).

Snow looks good through a picture window, and that is about it.

I'm with you Bob. It's no fun when your fingers and toes are frozen solid and can't move. Living here doesn't make you love it any more. It makes you appreciate the warm weather so much more. Holly is delusional. (I'm allowed to say that because I'm her sister-in-law and she knows I love her) But seriously, snow is pretty when you're inside drinking hot chocolate and looking out the window, but that's it. Cold and sliding on ice is no fun.

Donna, you hurt my feelings! I'm telling mom! :tongue:

I believe that there is a obvious no in the word: S " NO " W. :raspberry:

spelled backwards the first 3 letters are: won! I won! we got snow yesterday! yay!

. :cry: I like Sun Shine and warmpth far better. A sister in our hall actually breaks into hives when it gets cold. Allergy meds helps with the hives.

Noooooo! Holly don't tell Mom. She'll take away my free meals. :eat::chef: I love snow! Really I do! It's Great! Too Bad it all melted today. He he. No. Really, it's sad. He he. >:D<

Just wait until January........ you'll get yours and in the form of white, cold, icy stuff........ grrrrrrr (or should that be, brrrrrrrr)

You get any up there? When I left the Kingdom Hall tonight it was a rain/snow/sleet mix. I don't think there is any in the forecast though in the forseeable future, which means it continues to be a great winter so far (NO SNOW.... YAY!!!!!). And if it doesn't snow before Sunday, then I get to feel a little...

70297=3895-evil_laugh.jpg

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

You get any up there? When I left the Kingdom Hall tonight it was a rain/snow/sleet mix. I don't think there is any in the forecast though in the forseeable future' date=' which means it continues to be a great winter so far (NO SNOW.... YAY!!!!!). And if it doesn't snow before Sunday, then I get to feel a little...

70297=3895-evil_laugh.jpg [/quote'] We have none right now....:crying: we are suppose to get a few flurries, nothing staying or sticking.... maybe a little mix tomorrow into Sunday, which I hope DOESN'T happen because I would rather they had a grey, bleak Christmas than a white one!!!! lol!!! petty, I know!!!! Don't care! ::o

It was snowing heavy last night my son got down his snowboard.

There is like 1/4 of an inch on the ground this morning.He doesn't know yet,I'm

letting him sleep in he'll be very upset.

Snow is different when you view it through the eyes of a child.

Here he begins singing as soon as he sees the first snow flake....then it's everyday

"Think they'll be snow today...how about today mom.Snow?Whats the weather channel say?"

I hope it snows really really soon.

Here he begins singing as soon as he sees the first snow flake....then it's everyday

"Think they'll be snow today...how about today mom.Snow?Whats the weather channel say?"

I feel the same way. I was so excited yesterday, then, boom - it all disappeared. :( We have nothing on the ground, a little on the cars.... Now, not even a chance til next week.

I feel the same way. I was so excited yesterday, then, boom - it all disappeared. :( We have nothing on the ground, a little on the cars.... Now, not even a chance til next week.

Yikes!I better make some plans to take him somewhere he's out for break.

Do you ever go to the Cuyahoga Valley Park to hike?

Or Mohican?I love Mohican...,they have all these old Indian trails to hike

and a covered bridge.Is that far from you?

Another place is the Wilderness Center near me,but on a small scale

they have a bird sanctuary and you are surrounded by sound proof glass and the birds come to the feeders.Somedays you see 3 kinds

of woodpeckers,titmouse,finches,nuthatches,cedar wax wings,juncos,cardinals,I even saw an Indigo Bunting there,but in the spring and the little humming birds nest there and sit on the branches in summer it is so cute to see a humming bird sitting.

They do nature shows,like one recently me,my son and about 30 Amish people were there to see how to band birds,you know put the little ID tags on their legs(my son was not happy about this by the way) but then the girl grabbed a cowbird and it wouldn't let go of her finger ...the girl kept saying "Oh,my that little bugger has my finger."But she would not swear in front of the Amish,she kept biting her lip.Amish people think that is pretty funny stuff and were hysterically laughing,some were in tears.My son and I were near tears ourselves laughing .After the demonstration my son said "That was awesome!!!"

That place is in Wilmot...it has miles of trails and lots of Amish people.It's near the Amish Door...a great place to eat.

I feel the same way. I was so excited yesterday' date=' then, boom - it all disappeared. :( We have nothing on the ground, a little on the cars.... Now, not even a chance til next week.[/quote'] We got this last night...

71246=3960-snow.jpg Just enough to cover the ground. It's our first "significant" snow fall of the year. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and over the weekend though - so bye bye. Personally, I'm lovin' it! My sister in Law lives up in the Aurora area, and got like 6 inches. She says she is jealous of the dustings we get over here.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yikes!I better make some plans to take him somewhere he's out for break.

Do you ever go to the Cuyahoga Valley Park to hike?

Or Mohican?I love Mohican...,they have all these old Indian trails to hike

and a covered bridge.Is that far from you?

Another place is the Wilderness Center near me,but on a small scale

they have a bird sanctuary and you are surrounded by sound proof glass and the birds come to the feeders.Somedays you see 3 kinds

of woodpeckers,titmouse,finches,nuthatches,cedar wax wings,juncos,cardinals,I even saw an Indigo Bunting there,but in the spring and the little humming birds nest there and sit on the branches in summer it is so cute to see a humming bird sitting.

They do nature shows,like one recently me,my son and about 30 Amish people were there to see how to band birds,you know put the little ID tags on their legs(my son was not happy about this by the way) but then the girl grabbed a cowbird and it wouldn't let go of her finger ...the girl kept saying "Oh,my that little bugger has my finger."But she would not swear in front of the Amish,she kept biting her lip.Amish people think that is pretty funny stuff and were hysterically laughing,some were in tears.My son and I were near tears ourselves laughing .After the demonstration my son said "That was awesome!!!"

That place is in Wilmot...it has miles of trails and lots of Amish people.It's near the Amish Door...a great place to eat.

I am about an hour from Mohican. We go hiking in the metro-parks at the North Chagrin Reservation. That's where Squires Castle is... if you have heard of it. There are lots of good trails there, bike paths and bridal paths. I have hiked at Mohican. We take road trips during summer. We also go to Mentor metro parks (Chapin Forest) for their trails. There is a bird sanctuary at Chagrin reservation, can't say I have particularly bird-watched though... I am a littly to hyper... I would rather be moving! lol! There is an animal sanctuary close to Chapin forest we go to. They have a bird observatory there... that I like because it is very active and keeps my attention! They also have many animals, some are there perm. others for recovery. I really like that place. I also have a Zoo pass and we go to the Zoo many times throughout the year. We may go yet this week or next before school starts. If anyone from around here wants to go, let me know! My zoo pass will get in me and one other adult and 7 kids for free. I have 3 kids so that leaves 4. I had so many because I ran a FT daycare from my house for 9 years!

I never changed my pass.

I feel the same way. I was so excited yesterday' date=' then, boom - it all disappeared. :( We have nothing on the ground, a little on the cars.... Now, not even a chance til next week.[/quote'] We got this last night...

71246=3960-snow.jpg Just enough to cover the ground. It's our first "significant" snow fall of the year. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and over the weekend though - so bye bye. Personally, I'm lovin' it! My sister in Law lives up in the Aurora area, and got like 6 inches. She says she is jealous of the dustings we get over here.

We had some HUGE snowflakes coming down, I took the kids to see Puss In Boots yesterday at our "cheap" theater. We came out and it was BEAUTIFUL! Then I went shopping and we were out in it for a few hours. I loved it. On the way home, we drove over to the lake and looked out and it was so heavy with snow flakes that the lake and snow looked like you were in the sky in massive clouds! It was cool! Then I went to bed around midnight and looked out, nothing! It turned back to rain and took all of my snow away..... I was so disappointed.... Maybe I will take a ride up to Aurora, it's only about and hour from me down 271!

I left So Cal in 2002 and lived near Spokane Washington for seven years and I saw enough snow to last me a lifetime. If I never see it again it will be too soon!

I moved back to So Cal last year and here in San Diego, our temperature is a cool 65 today!

Once a Californian, always a Californian! :tongue:

I lived in Spokane in 2008 and had 119 1/2 inches of snow in one week. My wife and kids were not accustomed to seeing this amount. I am familiar with it since I have lived in Sandpoint, ID and Denver, CO for some time. I remember going to bed the night it started after midnight, and between 12:30am and 5:30am it snowed 4 1/2 feet. My oldest son was crying his eyes out, because he had to walk to school. I told him not that day he isn't. He's not crossing any major street with the idiot drivers they have in Spokane. No offense to anyone living their. LOL