JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the fifty years that I have lived in Oregon I can remember only one Dec. 25th that had Snow. The ministry was so enjoyable that day because people were ecstatic that it snowed on Christmas day. We had a wonderful time because the people were receptive, even though it was cold and the streets and sidewalks were unploughed with about 6" of snow.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I left So Cal in 2002 and lived near Spokane Washington for seven years and I saw enough snow to last me a lifetime. If I never see it again it will be too soon!

I moved back to So Cal last year and here in San Diego, our temperature is a cool 65 today!

Once a Californian, always a Californian! :tongue:

Yea you can come to Oregon to visit but don't stay. I agree, Californians should stay in California. Just kidding. Was remember an old TV commercial.

Every time I have been in San Diego the smog was so bad I had a hard time breathing. I always visited in Jan. or Feb., is it better other times of the year?

Cool 31 today here.

Yea you can come to Oregon to visit but don't stay. I agree, Californians should stay in California. Just kidding. Was remember an old TV commercial.

Every time I have been in San Diego the smog was so bad I had a hard time breathing. I always visited in Jan. or Feb., is it better other times of the year?

Cool 31 today here.

A bunch of Snow Haters!!!!!:tongue: lol! I live in Ohio, and if you are a Clevidian, you gotta love the snow! I love all four seasons! Autumn is my fave, then Winter, then Spring, then Summer, in that order! Bring on the Snow! I do have to say, I have been to CA twice, Northern, and it is Gorgeous!!!!! I would miss my fall colors and my white stuff, though!

Cool 31 today here.

LA has all the smog. If San Diego gets any (which I haven't seen in the year I've been here) it blows down from LA, but that is rare. I lived in Bend OR for a few years, my son is still there. Oregon is pretty. Nice place to vacation. Otherwise it's full of farmers :)

Cool 31 today here.

LA has all the smog. If San Diego gets any (which I haven't seen in the year I've been here) it blows down from LA, but that is rare. I lived in Bend OR for a few years, my son is still there. Oregon is pretty. Nice place to vacation. Otherwise it's full of farmers :)

I resemble that remark. :raspberry:

Cool 31 today here.

I meant to say "Farmers and Gays". Sunriver, near Bend is an almost totally Gay community! I grew up and lived most of my life in Cal, and worked in Hollywood, and even I had never seen so many in one place! :scared:

Cool 31 today here.

I meant to say "Farmers and Gays". Sunriver, near Bend is an almost totally Gay community! I grew up and lived most of my life in Cal, and worked in Hollywood, and even I had never seen so many in one place! :scared:

Gosh, I have never heard of that before.

Yay! Looks like we might get our First snow this week! Bundle up for service Saturday!! I love snow! I wonder if we will have snow in the Paradise?

I love snow...we have a big long taboggan(spelling).

Fits three or four kids Holly.You got a snow hill there?

Yay! Looks like we might get our First snow this week! Bundle up for service Saturday!! I love snow! I wonder if we will have snow in the Paradise?

I love snow...we have a big long taboggan(spelling).

Fits three or four kids Holly.You got a snow hill there?

Yep, we have 3 within a 10 mile radius!!!

A bunch of Snow Haters!!!!!:tongue: lol! I live in Ohio, and if you are a Clevidian, you gotta love the snow! I love all four seasons! Autumn is my fave, then Winter, then Spring, then Summer, in that order! Bring on the Snow! I do have to say, I have been to CA twice, Northern, and it is Gorgeous!!!!! I would miss my fall colors and my white stuff, though!

What a difference living in the snow belt must make. I live 45 minutes or less to the south of you, and I still hate snow and always will hate snow.

I love summer, and strongly believe that in the autumn, when the leave turn orange and red, that they should just turn green again and summer return then (or they fall of the trees and new green leaves blossom right away).

Snow looks good through a picture window, and that is about it.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Once a Californian, always a Californian! :tongue:

with our own sub species, 'Southern Californian'...

I've been good, can I come home now?.....:sunshine:....

(here in Davenport, it snowed today, is currently 25deg, dropping to 16 tonight).....

:sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::cowboy::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

I

Well maybe we can meet.

My son is a good kid.Despite the cd incident,he is much happier today also.

We could have a sled party?

Hey, if you only ever have to worry about a cd incident, you've got it made in the shade!!!!! lol!!! Hey, I snuck lots of "bad" albums and cassett tapes (ok, I just really aged myself!) as a teen and a few other issues as well...... I have not doubted your son being a good kid! An inappropriate cd is nothing to beat yourself up over! lol!

I would love to meet up for some sledding! Keep it in mind over winter break!

We'll have snow today, but it doesn't look like much. No accumulation.

Bob, you cracked me up!! That's some arrangement of the seasons. :laugh: I thought after being in FL for so long that I would HATE the snow, too.

Turns out I like the snow. What I don't like is DRIVING in the snow. Our KH is on a very, very steep hill so our meetings are cancelled if it accumulates. I work at home, and I live right next to a grocery store. No need to drive in the snow ever. The first time I drove in the snow was my first winter in TN. Unbeknownst to me, it was one of the worst winters here.Lots of black ice. I was white-knuckle terrified and promised Jehovah that if he would just get me home, I'd never again drive when the newscasters say "stay home." I never want to feel that scared again!!!:crying:

I originally come from the New England area. Lots of snow and cold. We moved to Florida in 1987. I still miss the snow. Every once in a while I visit my kids up there and enjoy it for a while, but it is always nice to come home too.

67834=3761-very cold.gif

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Yep, that's me, I like nice scenic pics of snow; that's enough for me. When I was young, it was fun to play in. But later, when you have to shovel & clean car off, to go anywhere; seems like waste of time & energy. And then when you spin out a few times going over icy spot, is nerve-wracking. We've had 4 snows here (Tx Gulf coast) in 30 yrs. From 1" to 6". At least when it does snow here, it's gone by noon the next day. 32 & freezing here last night. That's not what I wanted. I like 55 to 75. I like the outdoors & I can do more outside year-round here in Tx.

We've had 4 snows here (Tx Gulf coast) in 30 yrs. From 1" to 6". At least when it does snow here, it's gone by noon the next day. 32 & freezing here last night. That's not what I wanted. I like 55 to 75. I like the outdoors & I can do more outside year-round here in Tx.

BooHoo, only 4 snows........ I would be so sad living there......:cry:

• 2 weeks later...