JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Primary school scraps musical gay story line to include Jehovah’s Witness girl

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2147 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A primary school in Hengelo has scrapped a gay story line from an end-of-school musical to make sure a child who is a Jehovah’s Witness could participate, local paper Tubantia reports.

The story originally featured a straight couple but during rehearsals the children, who are aged 11 and 12, decided it would be more fun if the protagonists were gay, the paper said. 
Read more at DutchNews.nl:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/05/primary-school-scraps-musical-gay-story-line-to-include-jehovahs-witness-girl/

I think its encouraging that they took our sisters beliefs into consideration. Hopefully the community will want to learn more!

Edited by Shawnster

Do not post entire articles. Excerpts only please

I think it's sad the other children thought a gay couple would be fun. That speaks volumes for how that lifestyle has been accepted by even children.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I think it's sad the other children thought a gay couple would be fun. That speaks volumes for how that lifestyle has been accepted by even children.

Part of the reason Jesus said we needed to be like children is because of their open heart/mind.  Children don't think anything is wrong about much of anything until they are taught what's right/acceptable.  I'm not defending homosexual storylines, etc... but I'm not surprised at all that children wouldn't think it's a big deal.  Anything presented as "normal" will be viewed as normal.

It doesn't matter how he got the insight just that he had to to help our sister out. 

I saw a disgusting thing on youtube about a school council in California that had been approached about bisexual and gay sex education being proposed to talk about in a middle school. Grade 7 and 8 students. It was disgusting. I have to turn it off after only 2 min of a 25 min video. Poor kids get so confused they come out of school wondering if they are straight gay bi or both sexes any more. Sorry I won't share the video here its really disgusting.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green