JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

'Misogynistic' quote above HISD middle school lockers goes viral

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2065 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

HOUSTON - A quote painted above lockers at a Houston ISD elementary and middle school is drawing major criticism online.

The quote reads, "The more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman." It is painted above a set of lockers at Gregory-Lincoln Education Center in the 4th Ward. 

https://www.wkyc.com/mobile/article/news/local/misogynistic-quote-above-hisd-middle-school-lockers-goes-viral/285-585244043

Oh! the horror! While the complaint is that this places responsibility for male behavior upon women in truth it reflects the power women naturally have over men. That power is recognized in scripture as some have quietly won over their unbelieving mates without a word but by way of their conduct.  Nice one Shawn!

Edited by BenJepthah

9 hours ago, Shawnster said:

I've got to say I'm shocked the school has a quote from a madame convicted on prostitution charges.  

I wonder if there was another source of the quote. 

It’s confusing that a madam would think this way. The message doesn’t seem to match up he messenger. 

6 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

It’s confusing that a madam would think this way. The message doesn’t seem to match up he messenger. 

Sure it does.  Here, let me interpret it for you:

"The more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman." 

Be good to the customer.  Treat the customer right.  Give the customer what he wants and he will treat you right.