JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

No Place Run To no Place to Hide

How many of you live in a dwelling that is an apartment or a condo or even a townhouse and you smell out right 2nd hand smoke coming into your home?  I know that a  majority of my brothers don't own a home alone.  In my hall we have several families that own their own houses separate from other homes by a couple of feet in-between.  Others live side by side with smokers, and or above them or below.  How do you all handle this situation?  I've tried talking to the smoker for the past 7 years with no success.  She knows I serve Jehovah, and its been one battle after another with her.  She used to be conscious of the fact that I cannot tolerate the 2nd hand smoke.  So for the past 7 years she has been smoking in her living room or kitchen.  But this year, since July 5th, 2018, she has gone on a mad rampage!    Since then, she has smoked up a storm.  I know its against Jehovah she is on a rampage, but it affects me too.  I have on a moderator's suggestion in here and got 2 big Hepa air filters, and I run these all day.  These filters aren't cheap either.  One alone (the air filters take 2) cost $20.00 a box).  She persists and its getting worse.  Would it be a bad for me to ask Jehovah and beg him to do something about the situation?  My house reeks so bad, its like a bar with no windows, KI I know that BEA, couldn't even step one toe in my house!  That's how bad it is in here and I have breathing problems.   Can I ask for some of you to pray to Jehovah to intercede?  Have her move out or anything to get her to stop that 24/7 smoking rampage.  She has several demons living with her.    I've got to get out of the den now, am suffocating in here.   It's as bad or worse like the fires burning down our brothers homes in California!  I know what you guys are going through big time!!!! 

That the worst part of living in an apartment complex. I really wish there were segregated smoking and non smoking sections. Idk if it would be wrong to pray for Jehovah to intervene. It seems like it's something necessary for your health. Maybe that you can find a place in a section further away from smokers.

I hate when smokers go on anout "muh rights". People should have the right to be able to breathe in their own homes.

Since you cannot control what she does 

2 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Can I ask for some of you to pray to Jehovah to intercede?  Have her move out or anything to get her to stop that 24/7 smoking rampage.  She has several demons living with her. 

Perhaps, instead of asking for her to move, why not pray for you to be able to find a better place to live?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

There are situations that I feel like it would be better for me to live under a tree in the forest. This is one of them! Since you rent, I’d eat beans for months, to save money to find a place that I would not have to tolerate this. 

That would be my prayer. Some things you cannot control. Some you can, like where you live. 

I would be so sick! Never mind your getting cancer from it. Second hand smoke is not filtered!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will also pray about the matter...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 8/18/2018 at 8:08 PM, Allabord4Jah said:

"She used to be conscious of the fact that I cannot tolerate the 2nd hand smoke.  So for the past 7 years she has been smoking in her living room or kitchen.  But this year, since July 5th, 2018, she has gone on a mad rampage!    Since then, she has smoked up a storm."

I'm wondering why she is on a rampage after being considerate for the past 7 yrs. Have you two been on speaking terms? Maybe she has a new stressor in her life, that you're unaware of and it's not necessarily her targeting you.

So... I would express to this neighbor, that I appreciated her being accommodating for so many years, but I've noticed a change and was wondering if something has happened, that I could maybe help her with.

I'm not minimizing how you feel and are being affected :nope:. I am a renter and have had my issues with inconsiderate neighbors, and Jehovah has helped me with them all. So, I don't think it would be wrong for you to ask Jehovah to intervene, or grant you the wisdom to fixed this, if the situation is affecting you spiritually.

But, based on my many thorny experiences,  I've found that I needed to take the initiative and speak with the "offender", showing Jehovah that I wanted to be a peacemaker.

Will be praying for you.

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

I tried that and she blew smoke in my face.  Like I said, I asked her to memorial and in those prior 7 years, she and I got along okay as neighbors.  I told her that  was a JW and she advised me she had work mates that were JW'S as well.  But I did find out that her son just recently divorced, and her youngest brother has cancer and she was worried.  He's doing chemo and since that horrible day she went ballistic with her smoking no one has heard about how he is doing.   She keeps to herself and does not even go out she doesn't even throw out her trash (take to dumpster) it sits in her room and boy does it reek!  The BOA things and so do I, she has mental problems.  And is a hard cord addict. I am praying for her, like before, that Jehovah find something in her to soften her hardcore heart and mind.  I don't hate her, but the habit.  It's killing me!  

2 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I tried that and she blew smoke in my face.  Like I said, I asked her to memorial and in those prior 7 years, she and I got along okay as neighbors.  I told her that  was a JW and she advised me she had work mates that were JW'S as well.  But I did find out that her son just recently divorced, and her youngest brother has cancer and she was worried.  He's doing chemo and since that horrible day she went ballistic with her smoking no one has heard about how he is doing.   She keeps to herself and does not even go out she doesn't even throw out her trash (take to dumpster) it sits in her room and boy does it reek!  The BOA things and so do I, she has mental problems.  And is a hard cord addict. I am praying for her, like before, that Jehovah find something in her to soften her hardcore heart and mind.  I don't hate her, but the habit.  It's killing me!  

She blew smoke in my face, I meant that I have tried many times to talk to her about this issue even long before her brother illness and her son's divorce.  She just blows it back to you.    She brushes me off and she does this to other people.   I have only met her son once, and that was 7 years ago.   She has grandchildren but none of them come to visit.  Since she moved in 7 years ago, I only met one grandson and he was 14 at that the time.  He stood outside her house and couldn't go in.  Since that time, no one of her family has been at her house.  If you stand on her porch, you will be in a coffin next!   That is how bad it reeks.  So tell your friends who are interested in Condo living, DO NOT PURCHASE!  Go pass GO and collect 200 dollars... move on.  So glad in the paradise none of us will be living on top of one another!  YUCK!!!  

Hmm. A condo. Can the ones who run it have a say? She is bring the value down. 

And, I think she has mental problems. I’m surprised her poor lungs are still functioning.

1 hour ago, Miss Bea said:

Hmm. A condo. Can the ones who run it have a say? She is bring the value down. 

And, I think she has mental problems. I’m surprised her poor lungs are still functioning.

The condo's have by-laws / covenants.  She broke everyone.  The board sent her two letters on my behalf about her stench in my home.   The board had proof from other neighbors who lived in the same building and smelled the smoke in the foyer of the building.   Unfortunately,  a dear sister gave me a diffuser and I had used it when she puffed up to drown out the stench.  When I had "witnesses" come in and smell all they smelled was the scent of the difusser.  And  I couldn't get the board people over cuz one didn't want to walk up to my building, the second one the important one the President worked 24/7 the entire time she claimed she smoked outside the building.  She said when she would get home she could not smell it.  So down the road, the board got tired of dealing (they only dealth with it 30 days) and they said "Its your word against her." "She is feeling harassed."  So on those two words they stopped.  A fine should have gone out no matter's whose word it was.  My witnesses were all cowards and they did not come and speak up to the board.  The board did not knock on their doors, they should have.   Oh yes, my dear sister Bea, the BOA president has a friend who is a (are you lying down Bea?) a Physic!  She trusts her with anything.  She doesn't live in the area (am glad) bug the BOA President loves her.  She even used and twisted the scriptures to prove the point that the power she was comes from "the Lord" himself.   Bea, I got away from these people.  After a  great convention and what not to get yourself involved in, I stepped back.  My prays and needs are in our father's hand!   I mean, who am I to fight a demonic spirit?    Jehovah's power is all I need.  Am sure since its getting worse BEA, the attacks will intensify.   The value of the condo is down, and so it also brings up the value of price for home insurance due to having a smoker in your mists!  Am hoping that the fire marshall will have something to say to the Board when he goes in to inspect her home!   I hope he fines her big time and fines the boa.  I don't plan on leaving here for long.  I wish I wasn't so sensitive and handicap, what I'd give to live in a  tee pee!  

Just now, Allabord4Jah said:

The condo's have by-laws / covenants.  She broke everyone.  The board sent her two letters on my behalf about her stench in my home.   The board had proof from other neighbors who lived in the same building and smelled the smoke in the foyer of the building.   Unfortunately,  a dear sister gave me a diffuser and I had used it when she puffed up to drown out the stench.  When I had "witnesses" come in and smell all they smelled was the scent of the difusser.  And  I couldn't get the board people over cuz one didn't want to walk up to my building, the second one the important one the President worked 24/7 the entire time she claimed she smoked outside the building.  She said when she would get home she could not smell it.  So down the road, the board got tired of dealing (they only dealth with it 30 days) and they said "Its your word against her." "She is feeling harassed."  So on those two words they stopped.  A fine should have gone out no matter's whose word it was.  My witnesses were all cowards and they did not come and speak up to the board.  The board did not knock on their doors, they should have.   Oh yes, my dear sister Bea, the BOA president has a friend who is a (are you lying down Bea?) a Physic!  She trusts her with anything.  She doesn't live in the area (am glad) bug the BOA President loves her.  She even used and twisted the scriptures to prove the point that the power she was comes from "the Lord" himself.   Bea, I got away from these people.  After a  great convention and what not to get yourself involved in, I stepped back.  My prays and needs are in our father's hand!   I mean, who am I to fight a demonic spirit?    Jehovah's power is all I need.  Am sure since its getting worse BEA, the attacks will intensify.   The value of the condo is down, and so it also brings up the value of price for home insurance due to having a smoker in your mists!  Am hoping that the fire marshall will have something to say to the Board when he goes in to inspect her home!   I hope he fines her big time and fines the boa.  I don't plan on leaving here for long.  I wish I wasn't so sensitive and handicap, what I'd give to live in a  tee pee!  

living here for long, I meant that.  Not leaving her for long.  

Just hang in there sister. Jehovah is stronger then all those forces put together! 

And, today, we were wearing n95 masks, in the House, until we got the hepa filters going. 

What a sad state of affairs! 

On 8/19/2018 at 1:49 AM, Miss Bea said:

There are situations that I feel like it would be better for me to live under a tree in the forest. This is one of them! Since you rent, I’d eat beans for months, to save money to find a place that I would not have to tolerate this. 

That would be my prayer. Some things you cannot control. Some you can, like where you live. 

I would be so sick! Never mind your getting cancer from it. Second hand smoke is not filtered!

“ eat beans for months” sounds like an olfactory counter attack!

On 8/19/2018 at 1:49 AM, Miss Bea said:

Bea, go to Jw.Broadcast, there's an update on the California Fires.  It's really touching.