JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another Person Dies at one of Our Local U P Michigan Attractions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2016 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I heard about this listening to the scanner yesterday. 

As the investigation is on going on how the woman fell, for a change, I’m gonna leave my thoughts to myself...I’m slowly learning. 

Only 32 years old. ☹️

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/woman-falls-dies-at-michigan-s-pictured-rocks

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

43 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

That's sad. I wonder if she jumped or if she is another victim of the selfie death picture epidemic...

It is very sad. 

Actually those are great thoughts, Or another one that doesn’t pay heed to warning signs. 

I feel sorry for family left behind. 

2 minutes ago, Loopy said:

another one that doesn’t pay heed to warning signs. 

American Gavin Zimmerman, 19, the second person to die after falling from Cape Solander cliffs at Kurnell in less than two months

The death comes barely six weeks after a man in his 30s fell from the same popular whale-watching spot and died.

Hill urged anyone visiting the area to take heed of warning signs at the lookout.

“Those rocks are very slippery. For your safety, we recommend that you stay up on the whale watching platform and please don’t go down on the rocks,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/jul/23/man-dies-after-fall-from-cliffs-at-popular-sydney-whale-watching-spot

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Ahhhh, here’s another news article I just found.

You were right Brother Tim. 

https://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/update-woman-dies-after-fall-in-alger-county/1462210938

UPDATE: The name of the woman who died in a fall has been released.

32-year-old Tu Thanh Nguyen from Sunnyvale, California slipped and fell to her death in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.

She was hiking by herself on the North Country Trail. She stopped about a half-mile east of Grand Portal Point to take pictures of herself when she fell about 200 feet off the cliff edge to Lake Superior. 

The fall was witnessed by two kayakers. The kayakers retrieved her and got her to shore near Chapel Beach.

A local kayak company radioed for emergency services for assistance. National Park Service, Alger County Sheriff’s Office, Alger County EMS, and the U.S. Coast Guard personnel responded in a coordinated recovery effort. 

The woman's family has been notified. The fatality is considered an accident.  

3 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Ahhhh, here’s another news article I just found.

You were right Brother Tim. 

https://www.upmatters.com/news/local-news/update-woman-dies-after-fall-in-alger-county/1462210938

UPDATE: The name of the woman who died in a fall has been released.

32-year-old Tu Thanh Nguyen from Sunnyvale, California slipped and fell to her death in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.

She was hiking by herself on the North Country Trail. She stopped about a half-mile east of Grand Portal Point to take pictures of herself when she fell about 200 feet off the cliff edge to Lake Superior. 

The fall was witnessed by two kayakers. The kayakers retrieved her and got her to shore near Chapel Beach.

A local kayak company radioed for emergency services for assistance. National Park Service, Alger County Sheriff’s Office, Alger County EMS, and the U.S. Coast Guard personnel responded in a coordinated recovery effort. 

The woman's family has been notified. The fatality is considered an accident.  

How embarrassing to face question after resurrection..

So how did you die? ...Well...selfie.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Imagine how many people woul$ say, “Well, I ignored the warning sign that said keep behind railing. DANGER of falling. And I thought ahhh, I won’t fall.” 

But I did.  

Can you imagine being the kayackers who actually saw her fall?

Talk about PTSD! 

I know I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night.

Edited by Loopy