JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Volcano erupts in Indonesia days after devastating earthquake and tsunami

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2021 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A volcano erupted Wednesday on the same island in Indonesia where an earthquake and tsunami last week killed at least 1,400 people. 

The eruption of Mount Soputan on Sulawesi island in central Indonesia prompted authorities to warn of possible lava flows and ash clouds that could impact air travel. Evacuations were ordered for those living within a few miles of the volcano. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/10/03/volcano-eruption-rocks-indonesia-after-devastating-earthquake-tsunami/1507607002/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Chances are - the earthquake and the volcano eruption are related ... and the tsunami was probably a result of the quake

I hope we get an update on our spiritual family there soon

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Chances are - the earthquake and the volcano eruption are related ... and the tsunami was probably a result of the quake

I hope we get an update on our spiritual family there soon

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702018181&srcid=share

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thanks for the link, Richard ... I have been sick this week and only today have felt significantly better - guess that might be why I didn't notice that article :blush: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Relentless misery for those poor people...

I read a report today on Sky News about one lady who said that just as her husband came home from work last Friday the earthquake struck & it literally turned the solid floor beneath them into liquid & they all began to run, she managed somehow to get to safety but her husband, along with most of the village, was swollowed up!

His body was eventually found & now she sits on the edge of a mass grave that he’s been placed in distraught....😔

i feel so sad for these poor people & pray that Jehovah can somehow get the truth to them so they can have hope of seeing their loved ones again.