JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, November 12 Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation.​—Eph. 5:22, 23.

Monday, November 12

Let wives be in subjection to their husbands as to the Lord, because a husband is head of his wife just as the Christ is head of the congregation.—Eph. 5:22, 23.

This arrangement does not make a wife inferior to her husband. It actually helps her to fulfill the role God had in mind for a wife when he said: “It is not good for the man [Adam] to continue to be alone. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.” (Gen. 2:18) Just as Christ, the “head of the congregation,” displays love, a Christian husband is to exercise loving headship. When he does so, his wife feels secure and finds satisfaction in being respectful, supportive, and submissive. Imitating Jesus’ example requires that his followers love one another just as he loved them. (John 13:34, 35; 15:12, 13; Eph. 5:25) Marital love shown by Christians should therefore be so strong that either mate would be willing, if necessary, to die for the other. w16.08 2:3, 4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I have a couple thoughts that always come to me when reference is made to our being willing to die for one another, whether our wives, husbands or other faithful family member, or even our brothers and sisters. The first is that at a time when we are in a position to die for others I imagine that someone else is the one who is making that decision. Certainly we may be able to influence the outcome, but the actual result (whether we live or die) is out of our hands. Our actions and our steadfastness for Jehovah, or Jehovah’s spiritual intervention may make the difference also.

But my other thought falls into a related category...while dieing may be out of our hands and as such may not be particularly difficult to achieve (if one could call it such), and you only have to do it once. But can you LIVE for your those others! We are all imperfect and that is part and parcel of our manner of life, outlook, what we pursue, how forgiving we are, etc. Living life as Jehovah would have us live it, in the system today can be the hardest thing to do. But doing so EVERY DAY is what we are called to.  I have seen too many brothers who may be willing to die for others, but who cannot seem to live for them. If we die, we die to Jehovah, and if we live, we live to Jehovah, so let’s live to Jehovah in all our dealings, feelings and thoughts for our brothers, sisters, family, and everyone, to Jehovah.

I would be willing to die for anyone related in the Faith, but not for my husband.:unsure:

Explanation:  He wants me to give up Jehovah and die with him at Armageddon.

He says he would die for me, so I should be willing to die for him.

Nope!  Not happenin'.  Ain't subjecting myself to my husband THERE.^_^

I always counter with:  You want me to die with YOU, yet you won't live with ME?:confused:

His way is a lose lose situation and Jehovah's way is a WIN WIN:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I can’t imagine how difficult a life it’s been for you with an unbelieving husband that just refuses to get past his, well, hatefulness. 

You have worked so hard for him (even now just in haying season) and he has absolutely no respect for you to at least listen, let alone listen that you physically struggle to be on those tractors. 😡😡😡😡 

You just keep dealing with it (with Jehovah’s help) but it just has to be so difficult. 

You and our other dear sister Debbie is in my continual prayer that Jehovah gives you the needed strength and calmness to deal with John the Tyrant. 

Sorry, couldn’t resist. ☺️☺️☺️

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”