JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Give me courage" music video. What was your reaction?

Im just wondering what was your initial reaction after attending the regional convention of 2018 wherein it shows the give me courage music video. The video shows the attack of gog and magog in the forest then Jesus appeared from the sky. 

Some actually were excited. Some felt that "this is it" .. Some were just "we just need  to be prepared." Some  were moved to pioneer. 

I had mixed emotions.  Then I keep on watching the videos. Trying to understand what does this all mean.. (I think im becoming a slow learner)  

Anyway, I've been into auxilliary pioneering since 2011 and a full time pioneer for almost 2 years.  and Im praying that I could go back again in that privilege. 

We all have ups and down... Im  glad that Im always present in the meetings and in the ministry... 

I know, we should not be concern of the time and date but Jesus that pay attention to how you listen.  The morning worship by christopher mavor says that these signs should be deduce.. We need to use our power of discernment in order to understand. Then we can understand them like lightning from the east and west. 

I loved that video! 

Don't worry, Jenny, the Governing Body will teach us what we need to know. Just stay close to Jehovah's organization and follow it's lead. There may be times we don't understand fully, but don't be disheartened, we can trust that Jesus Christ will lead his people. 

It summed up the convention.  All those there needed courage.  But it was because they were able to show courage during previous tests of faith that they were able to be courageous during that final attack of Gog.

Some brothers did take the video too literally, not realising it was depicting the prophecy from Ezekiel.  They thought that we will literally be gathered together in the woods, and surround by armed soldiers.

I like how the new Ezekiel book actually ties in with that video. How it breaks down the events during the Great Tribulation and shows us no matter where we find ourself (in the woods, in hiding, at a meeting, etc.) Jehovah will always be with us if we follow His direction. ❤️

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

13 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Some brothers did take the video too literally, not realising it was depicting the prophecy from Ezekiel.  They thought that we will literally be gathered together in the woods, and surround by armed soldiers.

I noticed the same. Some also think that there will be a literal place to run to just like there was during the first tribulation. 

I loved the video. It gave me chills!

I also got chills with that video.
I learned so much from the I also got chills with that video.
I learned so much from the convention... first of all, I learned my stubborness will NOT help me as I always thought it would. But rather my reliance on Jehovah.
Since then I am trying so hard to pray regularly and then just leave it in jehovahs hands.
I say that because as much as I love Jehovah and I really do, I dont feel at all worthy. I dont feel as if me praying jehovan even hears my prayers. Its a fault of mine I know. Not of Jehovahs. But I have been trying and so far I can see his help but still Im lacking faith, lacking trust. Maybe he is only answering my husbands prayers and not mine. But one day I know that I will fully believe he is behind me,  supporting me. I just keep trusting in him. One day I will come around. And when I do there will be no stopping me.
Until then I will not let satan think he is worth a min of my time. He is not worthy of anything.
And if I prove not worthy as i think thats fine as long as I prove satan a liar.
I do believe at the moment of armageddon all of jehovahs servent will be together in some kind of smaller groups. But Jesus and his angels will fight for us and I hope we do get to see it.

... first of all, I learned my stubborness will NOT help me as I always thought it would. But rather my reliance on Jehovah.
Since then I am trying so hard to pray regularly and then just leave it in jehovahs hands.
I say that because as much as I love Jehovah and I really do, I dont feel at all worthy. I dont feel as if me praying jehovan even hears my prayers. Its a fault of mine I know. Not of Jehovahs. But I have been trying and so far I can see his help but still Im lacking faith, lacking trust. Maybe he is only answering my husbands prayers and not mine. But one day I know that I will fully believe he is behind me supporting me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When you think about, this video and the "basement" videos from 2016 conventions, are the same thing.  Again, some commented that we don't have basements, so what are we to do.

The inclusion of the characters from the 2016 and 2017 conventions also helped to remind us that it will take loyalty, endurance and courage to, not only to through the GT , but also to get there.  But the powerful words, "there are more with us than against us" - we are not alone in this.

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

When you think about, this video and the "basement" videos from 2016 conventions, are the same thing.  Again, some commented that we don't have basements, so what are we to do.

True... After I saw that video, I started to look for possible basement in bro and sis' house.. Lol! 

5 hours ago, Santiago2020 said:

Brought to mind the reminders of simplifying our lives and analyzing our situation to see if we can have a greater share in the ministry. One day we will leave behind all that it is not in our Go-Bag...so why accumulate and waste precious time

True.. Look at what's happening in Venezuela. Paradise California.. And some belongings of our bros and sis in Rusisa are being confiscated... 

In Venezuela, some were kidnapped, carnapped.. etc.... In Paradise, their possessions were burned.. and recently in Manaus Brazil.. 10 of homes of our bro and sis were burned.. not to mention the disaster in Japan, philippines and other parts of Asia... Better to store our treasures in heaven. ....

On 1/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jonathan77 said:

It summed up the convention.  All those there needed courage.  But it was because they were able to show courage during previous tests of faith that they were able to be courageous during that final attack of Gog.

Great summary. My family loved the video. My 8 year-old whispered to me after it, "That was the greatest video I've ever seen!" That's as good a review as any.