JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Age old buddies

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1928 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Back in the 60s.  I was a Londin Trafic cop.  My oppo was ex RUC.  Hey I could relate so many stories.  Andy and I have remained good mates.  He served 31 yrs in the job, ending up as an Insprctor.  Sadly, poor chap.  He always held me in high esteem.  According to him, I was a great cop and would have mad it to Superintendant.

Now.  Sadly Any has had a mixed marital life.  His final wife was a great.  I have chatted with her and she was great.  Sadly that medical enemy  cancer caught up and  claimed her life.  Andy is devistated.  He is now talkin suicide.  He wants to be with his love, Georgie.  I have contacted him and the local congregation.  What more can I do?

This may help you recall some practical suggestions to help him.

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=g14&issue=2014-04&wtlocale=E&srcid=share

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, endurance said:

Back in the 60s.  I was a Londin Trafic cop.  My oppo was ex RUC.  Hey I could relate so many stories.  Andy and I have remained good mates.  He served 31 yrs in the job, ending up as an Insprctor.  Sadly, poor chap.  He always held me in high esteem.  According to him, I was a great cop and would have mad it to Superintendant.

Now.  Sadly Any has had a mixed marital life.  His final wife was a great.  I have chatted with her and she was great.  Sadly that medical enemy  cancer caught up and  claimed her life.  Andy is devistated.  He is now talkin suicide.  He wants to be with his love, Georgie.  I have contacted him and the local congregation.  What more can I do?

I could not see by your words if he is a JW. Sounds like he may not be. Definitely listen to him, let him get it all out. So if he has children...regardless of the kind of relationship he has with them...try to talk about them and how he can focus of his relationship with them. Give him a worldly point of view to continue. If no children...and Not a JW...wow...just keep in touch with positive heart tugging info. Ask him as a friend to remove and care for his guns. Ask to allow you to remove all the alcohol from his house. Remind him that he is loved and needed by friends and family and bring in Jah. Sounds too much or even crazy...but take it from me..my dad shot himself when i was 6 years old...seconds later I ran in and saw him. I wish i was older and mature back then to work this advice. He needs a breather...some time. Sadness, hate, fear...all that fades over time...just fill that time with love and concern.

If he is a JW...will...i guess the same...but take a brother that has gone through the same pain.

Both of you friends due to what in common...help him through this with someone he can have something in common with

Edited by Santiago2020