JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Broadcasting, talking on getting married in the new system ?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1821 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 1/16/2019 at 7:35 PM, jwhess said:

Today people talk about looking for a "perfect spouse".  But after the final test, everyone will be perfect so that won't be a criteria then

Beg to differ. "Perfect" will always be a relative term. What is perfect for one will not aways be perfect for another and that regardless of the removal of sin.

7 hours ago, Eoin said:

Beg to differ. "Perfect" will always be a relative term. What is perfect for one will not aways be perfect for another and that regardless of the removal of sin.

Br. Eoin, beg all you want but it is Jehovah that determines perfection.  Perhaps you are referring to preferences?....:sunshine:

12 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Eoin, beg all you want but it is Jehovah that determines perfection.  Perhaps you are referring to preferences?....:sunshine:

I will venture to say he means "perfect" as in appropriate for the person.  Just like one could have a perfect hammer and a perfect pot.  Only one is perfect for cooking soup in.  

That perfect hammer is better suited for something else.

A random perfect man will not be the *perfect* mate for just any perfect woman.  They need to like each other first, I'd think...  Some people just don't fit together -- they will not be perfect for each other.  Maybe for someone else, though..

2 minutes ago, Hope said:

I will venture to say he means "perfect" as in appropriate for the person.  Just like one could have a perfect hammer and a perfect pot.  Only one is perfect for cooking soup in.  

That perfect hammer is better suited for something else.

A random perfect man will not be the *perfect* mate for just any perfect woman.  They need to like each other first, I'd think...  Some people just don't fit together -- they will not be perfect for each other.  Maybe for someone else, though..

Sr. Uani, that might possibly be the situation in the New World (which is our topic) but it was obviously not and absolute part of Jehovah's original intention.  Since he started with two "perfect" people but he gave them no choice (not even a a NO).  Then it was on to 2nd generation (if they had been "perfect").  Maybe a limited choice of two or three, but how would you have felt if no one picked you).  Only after much time would personal preference been a viable selection process. 

You are correct in saying that perfect is relative to the "tool" or "pot".  But we are talking about the object, which is humans.  A perfect human (male or female) would not be a good "hammer" or "pot" but is a perfect human.  So there is no greater purpose or level of perfection once you have been perfected.  I am sure that personal choice will be a major factor on both sides of the proposal of marriage but all humans will be functionally suitable, able and "perfect"....❤️

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Uani, that might possibly be the situation in the New World (which is our topic) but it was obviously not and absolute part of Jehovah's original intention.  Since he started with two "perfect" people but he gave them no choice (not even a a NO).  Then it was on to 2nd generation (if they had been "perfect").  Maybe a limited choice of two or three, but how would you have felt if no one picked you).  Only after much time would personal preference been a viable selection process. 

Probably like I feel now... :shrug:  :P 

You are correct in saying that perfect is relative to the "tool" or "pot".  But we are talking about the object, which is humans.  A perfect human (male or female) would not be a good "hammer" or "pot" but is a perfect human.  So there is no greater purpose or level of perfection once you have been perfected.  I am sure that personal choice will be a major factor on both sides of the proposal of marriage but all humans will be functionally suitable, able and "perfect"....❤️

I believe there are various ways we use the word "perfect", right?  Every "Jehovah-graded perfect" human will not be "individual-graded perfect" for any/every single person to marry, right?  How could that be?  Jehovah CREATED Adam and Eve to be not only perfect as far as the ultimate representation of male and female specimens, he also made them "perfect" for each other as in "compatible".

Since the original post was asking about the necessity of some needing to wait 'til the New World to marry.. and why not have a "perfect mate", I think we'll still consider if that perfect person is our taste as far as height, appearance, voice quality, humor type, etc., etc., all the things that make us individuals..., right?  Perfect for you will not be perfect for me, I guarantee that!  ❤️

Or maybe we're both saying the same thing in different ways..?

Edited by Hope

9 hours ago, Eoin said:

It...was...a...joke...and I thought it was funny. No need to beg to differ :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, Hope said:

I believe there are various ways we use the word "perfect", right?  Every "Jehovah-graded perfect" human will not be "individual-graded perfect" for any/every single person to marry, right?  How could that be?  Jehovah CREATED Adam and Eve to be not only perfect as far as the ultimate representation of male and female specimens, he also made them "perfect" for each other as in "compatible".

Since the original post was asking about the necessity of some needing to wait 'til the New World to marry.. and why not have a "perfect mate", I think we'll still consider if that perfect person is our taste as far as height, appearance, voice quality, humor type, etc., etc., all the things that make us individuals..., right?  Perfect for you will not be perfect for me, I guarantee that!  ❤️

Sr. Uani, it is quite possible and most likely. English is a difficult language and the electronic media is not the best platform for judging intricate details.  Your explanation reads as "preference" or "characteristic" to me and not "perfection".  Sorry for any misunderstanding. ..😉

On 1/14/2019 at 6:49 PM, yedidia said:

A sister told us that a brother talked on the possibility for singles to get married in the new system in one of the talks of the last Gilead graduation broadcasting.

But we have always believed that people will get married in the new world. This is nothing new.

It's only the resurrected that there was some question about.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:40 PM, Old said:

I have seen nothing that precludes survivors getting married in the new system. The question of whether resurrected ones would have the same opportuniy is still out there, with most leaning toward it being likely.

My doubts about the latter are because of math - essentially earth becoming overpopulated.   I can post the math if anyone would like me to.

I listened to the January JW broadcasting but did not note anything on this subject - then again I also have a poor memory!

23 hours ago, Hope said:

Well, besides loving Jehovah and each other (Matthew 22:37-40) I considered kindness to be one of the most important traits and why my wife and I married.

On the definition of perfect - in Scripture it is usually means perfect for the purpose for which it/he/etc. was created for.

To illustrate:

A perfect toaster would make perfect toast - but would not be a good receiver for watching TV.

On the other hand, a perfect TV would receive JW broadcasting perfectly - but would not make very good toast!

4 hours ago, Newtonian said:

Well, besides loving Jehovah and each other (Matthew 22:37-40) I considered kindness to be one of the most important traits and why my wife and I married.

On the definition of perfect - in Scripture it is usually means perfect for the purpose for which it/he/etc. was created for.

To illustrate:

A perfect toaster would make perfect toast - but would not be a good receiver for watching TV.

On the other hand, a perfect TV would receive JW broadcasting perfectly - but would not make very good toast!

That's pretty much just what I said.. ☺

12 hours ago, carlos said:

This is nothing new.

Yes ! but it looks like some of us need to say it again and again... human pleasure to talk on things that we know for sure, " . . .about the salvation we hold in common,. . ." (Jude 3) 😉

But as for me I just wanted to know #1 "in which talk ?" , and I precised in #4 "I do not need any comment on this subject" and as soon as David gave me the answer, that this would be #6 "the end of this thread"...

However I'm just like many of us: curious of what my friends can find to add on this 'closed' thread, and inclined to add new comments 😂 

Friends, I know much of this thread mentions external beauty but I don't think beauty will make much difference if everyone is "looking good" and fast metabolisms, great health, and beautiful skin 😆 

How about we focus on internal beauty?? You know, only because we gain perfection that doesn't mean we gain perfect attitudes. We all have to work on that ourselves during the 1000 year reign. those seeking for a mate will have to be very cautious still in the millennial reign. Some are hoping some kind of miracle happens after Armageddon that will make us more submissive, humble, and forgiving....hmmmm think again. 

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Friends, I know much of this thread mentions external beauty but I don't think beauty will make much difference if everyone is "looking good" and fast metabolisms, great health, and beautiful skin 😆 

How about we focus on internal beauty?? You know, only because we gain perfection that doesn't mean we gain perfect attitudes. We all have to work on that ourselves during the 1000 year reign. those seeking for a mate will have to be very cautious still in the millennial reign. Some are hoping some kind of miracle happens after Armageddon that will make us more submissive, humble, and forgiving....hmmmm think again. 

Precisely!    That's why I considered kindness so important - my wife is kind.

Married 1982 btw (one and only marriage for both of us).

I might add that while marriage might end with death - love is as strong as death is - I am sure we will love each other when resurrected (assuming we die faithful before Armageddon):

“Place me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; because love is as strong as death is, insistence on exclusive devotion is as unyielding as Sheol is. Its blazings are the blazings of a fire, the flame of Jah [Jehovah]. Many waters themselves are not able to extinguish love, nor can rivers themselves wash it away. If a man [like Solomon] would give all the valuable things of his house for love, persons would positively despise them.” (Song of Sol. 8:6, 7)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1980286?q=love+death+sheol&p=par#h=14

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Gimestr said:

If I can wait, I will wait.  When I heard brother Lett say that it really encouraged me.  I have been thinking about that (staying single) for a while and honestly being single is not that bad for me.  I know others have a harder time with being single, but I am fine for the most part.  

Being single is not really easy for me but am coping