JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Cheapest Tour Travel Agencies you have used to Book 7 day package deal cruises to Caribbean islands?

I want to surprise my wife with a 7 day cruise for our wedding anniversary to the Caribbean islands. Do any of the friends have suggestions of Travel Agencies that you have used on past cruises that offered great package deals on 7 day cruises to Caribbean islands? I've heard friends mention different travel tour agencies where they got unbelievable cheap package deals for cruises or online sites to search. Could anyone provide me with a list of names of travel tour agencies to use or other online websites or other ways to find great package deals on 7 day cruises to the Caribbean islands? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

6 hours ago, Manny2186 said:

I want to surprise my wife with a 7 day cruise for our wedding anniversary to the Caribbean islands. Do any of the friends have suggestions of Travel Agencies that you have used on past cruises that offered great package deals on 7 day cruises to Caribbean islands? I've heard friends mention different travel tour agencies where they got unbelievable cheap package deals for cruises or online sites to search. Could anyone provide me with a list of names of travel tour agencies to use or other online websites or other ways to find great package deals on 7 day cruises to the Caribbean islands? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

I went on several cruises and always booked directly with the companies.

Actually "middle" agencies were always more expansive...don't know why? :confused:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

There are a number of travel agencys that offer highly discounted rates. The closer to the sailing date the lower the prices. We have used 'Vacations To Go" for three cruises and the rates were always much lower than the cruise lines could or would offer. See their 90 day sticker. Another we have consulted is 'Cheap Cruises.' We have always mannaged to get the price well below $200 per day even for a balcony. Our last booking with Norwegian was $68 per day per person or $128 for the state room. Pretty cheap when you consider the meals and entertainment are included.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Something else to consider when planning a cruise. Shore excursions of many sorts are offered by the cruise lines. They make your trip much more interesting. Excursions purchased throught the cruise line will be much more expensive than those purchaced from local excursian vendors, sometimes the difference can be 50% of the cruise lines rates. The upside is with the cruise lines rates they guarantee you will make the ship before it sails. This could amount to overnight accomodations and an airplane ticked to the next port of call. Private vendors seldem provide such, it is worth making an inquiry. We have purchased exursions both ways an have been satisfied. But next cruise I would definetly lean toward local excursion services, on a 5 stop cruise one could save several hundred dollars apiece. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Something else to consider when planning a cruise. Shore excursions of many sorts are offered by the cruise lines. They make your trip much more interesting. Excursions purchased throught the cruise line will be much more expensive than those purchaced from local excursian vendors, sometimes the difference can be 50% of the cruise lines rates. The upside is with the cruise lines rates they guarantee you will make the ship before it sails. This could amount to overnight accomodations and an airplane ticked to the next port of call. Private vendors seldem provide such, it is worth making an inquiry. We have purchased exursions both ways an have been satisfied. But next cruise I would definetly lean toward local excursion services, on a 5 stop cruise one could save several hundred dollars apiece. 

We were on a Princess cruise with a stop in Costa Rica. The tour bus got stuck in traffic and we were late getting back to the ship. They would have left without us if it wasn't a ship shore excursion...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

We were on a Princess cruise with a stop in Costa Rica. The tour bus got stuck in traffic and we were late getting back to the ship. They would have left without us if it wasn't a ship shore excursion...

We "lost" 5 people in Dubrovnik, who booked local tour instead of the one from the ship... The cruise departed without them , did not wait.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, Gregexplore said:

We "lost" 5 people in Dubrovnik, who booked local tour instead of the one from the ship... The cruise departed without them , did not wait.

I know it can happen. We allowed a three hour cushion between end of excursion and ship departure. Do any private excursion companies offer insurance for a missed departure? Be worth investgating.

3 minutes ago, Old said:

Do any private excursion companies offer insurance for a missed departure? Be worth investgating.

Probably the fee would level the price with the one offered via ship company ...