JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witnesses. Canaries in the coal mine of human Rights

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1869 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just caught this on c-span3.  The program On tv was only the talk presented by Bro. Phil Brumley, legal counsel at Warwick.  Wow it reminded me of the apostles reasoning with the crowds. I found the program on YouTube but it includes other participants, which I did not listen to.  His talk stars around the 2 hr mark.  Sorry I don’t know how to i still crop the video to only Bro. Brumleys talk.  

The program description says :A day long event that commemorates the 75th anniversary if the 1943 W Virginia v Barnette  U.S. Supreme Court Case that ruled public school students could not be forced to salute the American flag.  

https://youtu.be/B2lo18RKV0k

13 minutes ago, Sheep said:

That program was first mentioned in this topic...

Brother Brumley's part starts at the 1 hour 55 minute mark in the YouTube video.

I'm sure your avatar is getting younger and younger.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I haven’t watched the whole video yet. At fisrt I didn’t know the young ones in the play were witnesses so I thought it was very powerful when she shaved his head. Still powerful to say the least.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Looks like material for my family worship! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

8 hours ago, SheyZ said:

Sr. Shey, this is the last third of a really great program at the Jackson Center.  Our representatives had a part in most of the program and even the parts we did not present were very favorable and showed us in good light.  The part here is just the ending summation by Br. Brumley. but it is a good summary.

EDIT:  the post at the top of the page has the whole 2 1/2 hour presentation.   https://youtu.be/B2lo18RKV0k

Edited by jwhess