JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gardening Ideas

I love the idea of a raised garden bed.  My lower back and both knees are SHOT

so I can no longer bend over or kneel.

I cannot wait for spring to try out this nifty idea:

b14ebdded3cbd6a006f5db8b53fd675f.thumb.jpg.91e1458784253ab89c56a781825e79d7.jpg

You can have raised beds in PVC (plastic plumbing pipe) ;

spinach-hydroponic-system-using-pvc-634x476.jpg.92a9bed560e86b42bae99c54610f505b.jpg

Concrete blocks:

80bc70e8a90440265cca2bf27eeddf41.jpg.13e01bea1f861dbcc736a92139077f0f.jpg

or in bottles:

5bfef6ab05bfde5c79297963ad2c5dc1.jpg.e0ae4f38ef159e71b77a600d8ca15933.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I love the idea of the plastic plumbing pipe in the stack,  you could grow many things... not just lettuce. 

I wouldn't have anywhere to hang anything,  but once I get my tunnel I could use old water bottles etc to hang inside to give more growing space! 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Oh so true ~ when did the ground becomes so low??

Those are all fabulous and fun concepts! 

Be sure what ever one you invest in (be it money and or time) that they can withstand the sun.  It is always surprising the damage they suffer from a season and some products have even been not the safest for growing our foods.

24" Corrugated Split Coupler This is a piece of plastic culvert. You can find end pieces from the highway department or utilities dept. So far I have 3 pieces and Lew is looking for more for me. Mine are about 2 feet high I have a flower in one and the other 2 will have cucumbers in them this year, since they're heat loving. I also have a galvanized tub sitting on blocks with carrots in it. It's been great to have carrots all winter with our milder winters than you mid-west folks. Old wheel barrow's work great too. I have spinach in one right now. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

24" Corrugated Split Coupler This is a piece of plastic culvert. You can find end pieces from the highway department or utilities dept. So far I have 3 pieces and Lew is looking for more for me. Mine are about 2 feet high I have a flower in one and the other 2 will have cucumbers in them this year, since they're heat loving. I also have a galvanized tub sitting on blocks with carrots in it. It's been great to have carrots all winter with our milder winters than you mid-west folks. Old wheel barrow's work great too. I have spinach in one right now. 

Such a good idea! I've always grown carrots inside a tunnel... at the doors I place a piece of wood or something that reaches about 2ft high... the carrot fly can only fly at a height of 18 inches,  it really does work to keep my carrots free of the flies

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Have you thought of growing potatoes in your culvert. straw, potatoes, straw, more straw as potato plant grows. No dirt required.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

6 hours ago, rocket said:

Have you thought of growing potatoes in your culvert. straw, potatoes, straw, more straw as potato plant grows. No dirt required.

No I haven't thought about that but it could be a good idea!

Last fall we took six foot cedar fence boards and made a 12 ft long double-tiered box with 24 inch stakes and built a box with them. Planted 3 different kinds of potato, all coming up great. Gonna use the stakes by stringing hemp twine from one to another to support the heavy greenery as they grow. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 3 years later...