JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Photos of Our Gardens

2 hours ago, booboo said:

Hey everyone, thought I would share some pics of our garden (actually the garden planted and tended by my hubby).  It is growing quite well don’t you think?  The first picture 2as taken on June 9. The second taken today.  He started most everything from seedlings under a grow lamp in the garage.  

2C446671-2DEC-42C4-BCC4-B58E09BC9EAE.png

54979AF3-6940-4DFC-A6DE-631F9FB501D3.jpeg

Stunning!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 11 months later...

One year later our 2021 garden.  Growing very quickly so far.  The rows on the far left have to be replanted.  Something small ate the tops off of the snow pea pods.  Far right had a small Asparagus harvest.  Should be a good harvest of them next year.
The cherry tomatoes are already flowering.  

How is everyone else’s gardens this year?

BED8884E-B092-4016-82D3-EB19612468BD.jpeg

E4626CBE-8AF3-4C7C-82A4-2FD9628F8745.jpeg

• 1 month later...

1st crop of corn this year that was shared with some friends of my field service group. Picked off the stalk yesterday. Surprisingly, it was all good. 

Thank Jehovah. 

20210725_175558.jpg

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I was surprised that every ear of corn was excellent! Wife and I invited our fsg over to eat and have some margaritas and association outside on patio (all are vaccinated).

It was excellent. Even for left overs that wasn't eaten up yesterday.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Spring has 'sprung' here, but too cold to put plants into the garden, even with raised beds.  Got lots of seedlings started under grow light and repotted, but they're reaching for light.  So got a greenhouse heater and installed it; it's up and running, so they'll be moving to their new home once I get temp regulated to combat freezing nighttime temps.  Will start a few more things in the greenhouse.  

Seeded 3 kinds of tomatoes, jalapeños, dill, zucchini, crookneck, 2 kinds basil, parsley, cukes   

IMG_4802.thumb.jpeg.f2d00405034aa85ce340014897eea69b.jpeg

So happy to be able to post now on this thread that was unavailable to me as a newer member, as this is one of the things that calls to me since a child; loved my mom's green thumb abilities, my dad's farming abilities, so I guess gardening is just in my genes.

What's happening in your garden?

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

2 hours ago, Watching and Waiting said:

What's happening in your garden?

My hubby is the gardener in our household. (I’m like the Medusa of the plant world )

Here are some pics of his seedlings thriving under grow lights.  The top covered tray are tomatoes he just planted on Sunday.  I think the rest are all kinds of peppers. Mostly the hot spicy kind. Mmmm thinking about fresh crispy Jalapeños.  Can hardly wait.  

47D97550-2F1E-4E2B-9C02-7A7556E068AE.jpeg

55D3E58D-E00C-4475-B76F-A2B549D745F7.jpeg

5E450171-09C6-410C-9226-FA941500E9B5.jpeg

B21D9CF1-E0A1-4F17-BA44-FED8D050BA02.jpeg

That's some serious seeding!  I'm curious about the kind of seed starters those are.  It's hard to tell how big they are. Are they DIY or purchased?  I've used all the starter plugs I purchased originally and am not that fond of them, so won't be repurchasing. They are too much like foam and pricey to boot. IMG_4804.thumb.jpeg.45a5a8a0fbaa6342dfd560a53a9135fb.jpeg

His seedlings look really happy in those, if he's willing to share.  They look as if they could be planted as is, i.e. biodegradable, or does the outer wrapping have to be peeled off before transplanting?  

Hubby said they are made by "Jiffy" and he got them at Home Depot here in Michigan.  I dont know the price. 

He had warming pads under them until they were well sprouted which was only about a week or so.  The plants will be transplanted sans the pod.

• 1 month later...

Wow, nice sized garden, looks to be large enough to supply more than one family or enough to put up for the winter too!  Nice official looking critter control, LOL.  Ours is pvc cages with netting to keep deer out and to keep our cats from seeing the beds as 'giant litter boxes,' and lots of motion sensor lighting.

Planted end of April, and had a heat wave to give the plants a boost and then it turned off cold again.  Had to put hot caps on the cukes.  Just noticed tiny zucchinis and summer squash a couple of days ago.  

IMG_4922.thumb.jpeg.be01a19436d96f584d5ea44129e2e84a.jpeg

First fruits, so to speak.  Soon, overload, LOL.  

IMG_4924.thumb.jpeg.fa83a129a12a73b997f6b1db1a8b2daf.jpeg

IMG_4923.thumb.jpeg.e17b4c39654186d59101f6c5c7ffbb02.jpeg

Sweet peas, like Mom used to grow when I was a kid. Mmmm, smell takes me back. 💕

IMG_4921.thumb.jpeg.2f94daa94e2b3e139e8316276d30d425.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Yummy!  We've only had a couple of 'hot' days (pretty much finished off the sweet peas!)  and mostly unseasonably 'cool,' so lots of plant growth and lots of green tomatoes, etc.  But the zucchini and summer squash have been prolific through it all.  Time to can some zucchini relish.  

IMG_4957.thumb.jpeg.41975d4e9980ac57a4ef4ba0211fa0b2.jpeg

IMG_4958.thumb.jpeg.dddd18627efb44f7c8097120fbc38bf8.jpeg

The view from the 2nd story window.

IMG_4959.thumb.jpeg.6a087b7076f19f73aa670ac0abe84a33.jpeg

Janet, your garden is a thing of beauty! Good girl! Amazing!

My garden is growing volunteer potatoes and that's all. I'm getting ready to weed whack and tarp the raised beds for the year. I have so much responsibility this year I don't have the energy to grow but since I tarp I'll be prepped for next year.

Please post more pics so I can enjoy yours ok?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 7/7/2023 at 7:44 PM, bagwell1987 said:

Please post more pics so I can enjoy yours ok?

Here's some garden art, mostly my additions and a few of my granddaughter's:

A safe chicken to have in the strawberry patch LOL.

IMG_4962.thumb.jpeg.2ebeb859b16dd72df9fee9fc734e99b2.jpeg

Sheep are always welcome in my world. 

IMG_4963.thumb.jpeg.7f1ea6c11bde971788be6e47543f3888.jpeg

A fun project . . .concrete leaf casting, this one serves as a drink for cats and other garden denizens.

IMG_4964.thumb.jpeg.c7e3f17c3a2c64325ea219b77f9f1c5f.jpeg

So my granddaughter can have sunflowers all year around. She started the sunflower bed last year and it took on a life of its own, all volunteers this year.  The one big one in the previous post jumped ship and I had to stake it to keep it from shading over the adjacent bed. 

IMG_4965.thumb.jpeg.52cef01aa80f994a3d2872fe7bb0b932.jpeg

Upscale decor for the chicken coup. . .a buddleia in an urn.

IMG_4967.thumb.jpeg.3f520c37fd8a98d1da8f5110e82f7f10.jpeg

Fun stuff that livens up the garden and I can enjoy the things I've collected over the years while I work there.  Enjoy!

Edited by Watching and Waiting