JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

These 2 Android apps changed my life

The first app is Fluid Navigation Gestures: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid&hl=en

Instead of navigation buttons it lets you use gestures. Why that is an advantage?

1. Larger Screen. I am a large screen person. Every little inch makes a difference for me.
  2. They are more ergonomic. I have set the back button to be a gesture from right to left. That means I can do it with my thumb from any hight of the phone. This is one example out of many.
  3. You can do more. Previously there were 3 buttons. Home, back, muiltitasking. Long press home for Google assistant, long press muiltitasking for split screen and double tap multitasking for change to previous app. But now I can do all of these plus more. I can take a screenshot with a gesture and I can even launch another app. Which brings me to the second app

The second app is Bottom Quick Settings: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tombayley.bottomquicksettings&hl=en

Reaching the top of the device to open quick settings isn't ergonomic. So it makes sense to be on the bottom. Plus all of us have different tastes. The default quick settings of our device may not suit our needs. This app makes them super customizable. To the point you can even make the background semi transparent so you can continue watching a video while changing the volume. You can also change the volume with a slider. I always wanted to change the media volume of my device using quick settings and not have to press side buttons because sometimes side buttons are not comfortable.

The best part is that I can launch BQS app using a gesture from FNG app. This is what makes this couple super useful.

Try them out and the majority of you will find them useful.

DISCLAIMER: Some of the useful features need to be activated using adb commands. This doesnt require you to root your device and ruin your warranty but it does require to connect the device to a PC and play with some commands. This is fairly advanced. It isn't difficult or long or time consuming.

Edited by Vasilis

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓