JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Based on Eccl 3:11

Vinnie

Eccl 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish

It would take many long lifetimes to discover all the wonderful and unique things on the earth.  Yet,  what if once all that your heart and mind is interested in is satisfied on the earth and (speculation>>) Jehovah opens the rest of the universe for us to populate. What if all these other planets would be similar to earth with the same types of resources. It would be like the same old same old.....BUT....

Wouldn't it be mind blowing if every other inhabitable planet/world Jehovah offers us is totally unique and different in every way?    Eternity would take on a totally different meaning for discovery. 

Example: Interesting , they found one planet that is supposedly made up of all diamond.  

https://www.space.com/18011-super-earth-planet-diamond-world.html

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, BrotherJay said:

Will there be a space programme in the new world?

Yes, but there will no longer be NASA, instead there will be:

TASA - Theocratic Aeronautics and Space Adventures

InkedTASA.jpg

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Hahaha, nice one.... I like it. Until the issue of Universal Sovereignty is settled, we are going nowhere. Psalms 115:16 tells us that the Heavens belong to Jehovah. He has given the Earth to the Sons of man.  When the time is right, I am sure he will open the way for us to explore further.  After all... the universe is really big. Its really really big.  What is it for?  A lot of time, energy and effort has gone into creating it.  Those in the spirit realm don’t need it... what is it for? Forever is a really long time. Its a really really long time. We are made as curious creatures. Once the issue of universal sovereignty is settled, the sky will no longer be the limit.    

• 2 weeks later...

I found this when I was working early one morning and decided to listen to it and it sort of moved me to tears when Ed Stone spoke about the things that the Voyager mission discovered. Without him knowing he was revealing things about Jehovah's creation.  BNR is a Dutch radiostation and they are interviewing Ed Stone, chief scientist of the Voyager mission.

• 1 month later...

There goes any travel plans for space, it seems there are a lot of health risks when in zero gravity.

Recent discovery by NASA scientists this month has found that the human body has a greater risks of getting blood clots and also blizzard blood flow happens when in space. Blood flow can stop and even reverse in the upper bodies.

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/new-space-dangers-found-nasa-astronaut-blood

An earlier study in 1999 found that if you get injured in space by a minor cut wound, it wont actually heal until you get back to earth. 

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/microgravity-99i.html

Edited by Lewis

19 hours ago, Lewis said:

There goes any travel plans for space, it seems there are a lot of health risks when in zero gravity.

Recent discovery by NASA scientists this month has found that the human body has a greater risks of getting blood clots and also blizzard blood flow happens when in space. Blood flow can stop and even reverse in the upper bodies.

https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/new-space-dangers-found-nasa-astronaut-blood

An earlier study in 1999 found that if you get injured in space by a minor cut wound, it wont actually heal until you get back to earth. 

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/microgravity-99i.html

Living in a time, where time and money are irrelevant, and maybe an Angel comes in and says “thats really cool what you have done here... but have you thought of THIS?” Build a structure large enough... spin it at an appropriate speed to simulate gravity... this will eliminate the gravity issue. Consider the images below. I love the idea of living in a time not governed by time and money.

What we can achieve when ideas are not frustrated by sickness, old age and death.

81300133-45B3-4A5F-8016-C722465BBC17.jpeg

FD63CB64-3AE3-493B-8ED4-462B7B6DFE61.jpeg

DE5CE930-22FD-47F9-B0FF-D435B7F264CB.jpeg

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/25/2019 at 11:48 AM, Vinnie said:

Wouldn't it be mind blowing if every other inhabitable planet/world Jehovah offers us is totally unique and different in every way?    Eternity would take on a totally different meaning for discovery. 

I could be wrong but IMO, what we see of other planets and galaxies, is what we get.  This material universe is made up of matter, living and non-living and it all contains  certain atomic elements, etc....it seems something other than that would be outside this universe....because our universe appears to be made up of atoms.

Like fish are very different than land animals but they are both considered as biological creatures. So all life has that in common. We contain carbon, oxygen and other elements and so do stars and planets. Like the song say: “We are Stardust”.  We basically contain the same building blocks as the stars and planets.   So we may come upon a planet that looks very different, like a cabin to a Castle.... looks Very different but made up of the same elements more or less.

That’s not to say Jehovah couldn’t create "new things” in a literal way at some point. Interesting to ponder though.  

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.