JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Concert

I recently made a group booking with the London Philharmonic Orchestra to attend a concert on 23rd March at the Royal Festival Hall, and 30 (members of our congregation and spouses etc) paid for a ticket! I got a 20% reduction on the tickets because 10+ are going.

The program is

Beethoven: Egmont Overture

Elgar: Cello Concerto

Mahler: Symphony no1

We are looking forward to this very much, the seats are great, right in the middle of the rear stalls and an entire row of brothers and sisters and a few in the row behind.  And such wonderful music!

I will go to a concert on March 28th - "A tribute to John Williams". It will be presented by our local Philharmonic Orchestra.

I´m looking forward to this kind of concert. I have only attended pop/rock concerts so far...

Chrissy :wave:

4 minutes ago, bohemian said:

@coony77  The Staatsoper Stuttgart have some nice upcoming concerts. Is Stuttgart easy to get to from Reutlingen?

Yes, very easy - about 30 to 45 minutes by car (depending on the traffic) :yes: people from Reutlingen often go there for shopping on Saturdays...

One of the best concerts I´ve visited so far was in Stuttgart - but it was not the Staatsoper, it was Phil Collins :tongue:

Chrissy :wave:

My wife and I saw Peter Gabriel in Munich a few years ago. The "So" tour. And a ballet to music by Frank Zappa at the wonderful opera house.

Then 2 years ago we went to opera in Hamburg - Britten's. A Midsummer Night's Dream. Last year in Berlin we saw Queen.  That was special.

We used to holiday in Germany each year. Now our passports have expired, but there is plenty to see and hear in London!

12 hours ago, bohemian said:

I recently made a group booking with the London Philharmonic Orchestra to attend a concert on 23rd March at the Royal Festival Hall, and 30 (members of our congregation and spouses etc) paid for a ticket! I got a 20% reduction on the tickets because 10+ are going.

The program is

Beethoven: Egmont Overture

Elgar: Cello Concerto

Mahler: Symphony no1

We are looking forward to this very much, the seats are great, right in the middle of the rear stalls and an entire row of brothers and sisters and a few in the row behind.  And such wonderful music!

That’s a fantastically skilled orchestra. They have a rare ability to make the music come alive.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”