JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Police responding to active shooter this time in Michigan

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1866 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2019/03/police-responding-to-reports-of-active-shooter-on-um-campus.html

ANN ARBOR, MI – Amid reports of an active shooter on the University of Michigan campus, the university issued a “run hide fight” emergency alert at about 5 p.m. Saturday, March 16.

Police are investigating reports of a shooter at Mason Hall, 419 S. State St., and the undergraduate library at 919 South University Ave., and a later report of a shooter possibly on the move in the State Street area.

The incident unfolded following the Women’s March on the UM Diag, during a post-march vigil on the Diag for those killed in Friday’s mosque shootings in New Zealand.

Campus is of course on lock down....as another article said.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I’m listening to this right now on a police scanner. 

So am I. 

At at one point they were saying there was a person telling others to stay put while the police was telling people to leave. 😬

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/University-of-Michigan-sends-active-shooter-emergency-alert-507252641.html?fbclid=IwAR1xEdD9RblHMjm1hxhWViACiFV8KqJmtb_6M7EuFId7WEzn0PS6bbB9PDI

Update: University of Michigan given the "all clear"

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WLUC) - Update: Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office and The University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security gives students the "all clear". 

The University of Michigan says there is "no appearance of an active threat" after a reported active shooter happened about 4:30 p.m.

However, DPSS continues to investigate and is asking students to stay clear of area.