JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

List of Armageddon survivors

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1776 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, anniebea said:

I think thats because I really don't expect to be there... however, it's enough to know that others are there and all the wickedness in this horrible world will be gone.

Why do you not expect to be there?? I see myself there every waking moment. It’s what keeps me going in this miserable world. Jehovah promised that though imperfect... if I do my best and have the right heart condition that I’ll be there. In fact he invited me! Grab that invitation sister! Send your RSVP!  See yourself there!

Edited by normaclutter

Misspend word.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:31 PM, Tortuga said:

If Jehovah gave you a list of the names of all of the people that will survive Armageddon, what name would you look for first?

I remember a brother using a similar illustration in a talk and it is an interesting question to meditate.

Inactive ones that chose secular business pursuits, instead attending meeting and other spiritual activities

I would like to see how Jehovah has handled the situation (mercy extended? or you reap the consequences of your actions despite reminders prior to Armageddon)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 5/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, anniebea said:

I think thats because I really don't expect to be there... however, it's enough to know that others are there and all the wickedness in this horrible world will be gone.

Annie, I would like to draw to your attention, in part, to one of my favorite songs.

There was a reason why God brought the truth to you

And called you from the darkness to the light.

Within your heart, he saw the longing that you had

To search for him and practice what is right.

You promised him in prayer to do his will;

He helped you then, and he will help you still.

(CHORUS)

With Jesus’ blood He bought you,

to God you now belong.

So he will make you firm,

and he will make you strong.

He’ll guide you and protect you,

as he has all along.

Yes, he will make you firm,

and he will make you strong.

Do not sell yourself short dear sister! ALWAYS remember that Jehovah and His Precious Son Jesus loves you!

And so do I! :)

I will first of all admit I would look for my own name first. I would then look for family members, then Spiritual Family members.

I would be very upset to not see myself on that list, but if I wasn't on it, I would be on my hands and knees begging for Jehovah's mercy and what could I do to repair whatever was keeping me from being on that list.

Not that we "earn" our way in, but Jehovah's mind can be changed, and would hope that somehow through Jehovah's mercy he would change his mind.

Hoping for a "Back To The Future" moment when the picture changes, and I start to show up.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:57 AM, anniebea said:

Oh, sister. Jehovah wants us to see ourselves there. We are given pictures (renderings) of the New World so we can imagine it, and see ourselves there.

Please picture yourself there. Imagine who you want to meet, what you want to do, how you will feel. Smell the smells, hear the sounds. Make it real to you. We have harder times ahead, imagining ourselves there might be the very thing that helps us to survive.

I seriously doubt that you don't expect to be there because you have committed some sin and are unrepentant about it. Jehovah our God is more merciful, kind, loving than we can imagine. He gave his most precious gift of his Son's perfect life so we can be there. Please pray about this, Jehovah will help you.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, Tortuga said:

Its interesting to see how many would look for their name first and how many wouldn't look for their own name first. Does that indicate anything?

I'm more inclined to care if my son's name was on it than my own.  I'd probably not even think of my name 'til after checking on my boy, then the rest of my family/friends.  Whatever the outcome for me, I'd be happy if they made it.

On 5/29/2019 at 8:57 AM, anniebea said:

Yeah, what she said.  Knowing Jehovah's name was finally vindicated, sanctified and all the bad guys gone would make me happy.  I have no expectations for myself.

8 hours ago, Hope said:

Yeah, what she said.  Knowing Jehovah's name was finally vindicated, sanctified and all the bad guys gone would make me happy.  I have no expectations for myself.

We need to be there for Jehovah. It is not that he "needs" us there, but every one of us that is there is another slap in Satan's face, and more evidence of Jehovah's Sovereignty. We are Jehovah's WITNESSES!!! Witnesses for Jehovah's name.

How ever Jehovah works it out, at least after the Thousand Year Reign, Satan will know whether we made it or not. I certainly do not want Satan to be able to say, "Ha, there might have been a lot I couldn't get, but I GOT Gary".

Not that I am so important, but I want Satan to know he was unable to break me. I kept my faithfulness!!! Jehovah won, Satan LOST... BIG TIME! I did my part, always with Jehovah's help to sanctify his name.

So put your armor on and FIGHT ON for Jehovah's Sovereignty and the Sanctification of HIS name.

Jesus saw himself in his Kingdom before he was there!

Edited by Gary910

On 5/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, Old said:

How many conversations would go like this, "Hi George, I didn't expect to see you." response, "I didn't expect to see you either." :lol:

If I make it, I'd expect many "What are you doing here?" reactions..