JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

List of Armageddon survivors

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If Jehovah gave you a list of the names of all of the people that will survive Armageddon, what name would you look for first?

I remember a brother using a similar illustration in a talk and it is an interesting question to meditate.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thinking...we have an anointed brother in our congregation. He’s dear. My go to elder. I get to work with him in service, and look foreword to it. (I actually told him I didn’t have a brother, and would he be mine) He agreed. Love his wife too. 

But, I’d check, for his name, and, nope, he’s in the heavens. Ruling with Christ. Talk about bittersweet. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I think it would be natural to look for faithful ones or relatives... but curiosity would lead me to look up people who were perhaps serial killers or starters of certain religions who mislead millions or billions to see if Jehovah gave them a second chance.

*edit* I just remembered that you were asking about people who would survive Armageddon, not those who are to be resurrected.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If Jehovah gave you a list of the names of all of the people that will survive Armageddon, what name would you look for first?

I remember a brother using a similar illustration in a talk and it is an interesting question to meditate.

I think the first inclination would be to check for your closest loved ones first, including myself. Then maybe out of curiosity,  a few I know personally that I may have wondered about. 😯

I hope it’s a very long list.

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Would probably look for family, then friends IRL and online. THEN realize that this may be a trick question or test and with shaking hands and fast heartbeat look for my own name. I don't think I'd catch on to begin with though. ....Was this a trick question? >.>

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

28 minutes ago, Sunnyside said:

Since I am alive and able to look at a list then I have already survived no need to look for my name. 😊

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Its interesting to see how many would look for their name first and how many wouldn't look for their own name first. Does that indicate anything?

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, Tortuga said:

42 minutes ago, Bob said:

I wouldn't look at it, for fear of the possibility of not seeing my name and the devastation and mental anguish I would experience! 

If it is a list of those who will survive Armageddon, then not being on the list does not mean that you were judged worthy of death. It might mean that you died between now and the time for the start of the Great Tribulation. But if you did see the list and your name was not there, it could cause some mental anguish anyway.

I'd want to see the list but then I wouldn't. Yes, I'd be selfish and look for myself first. I'm just going to admit it. It's my imperfection. However, I'd also be scared to see the list and not find myself because I wonder if I'd be like "why bother then". 

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Its interesting to see how many would look for their name first and how many wouldn't look for their own name first. Does that indicate anything?

I think thats because I really don't expect to be there... however, it's enough to know that others are there and all the wickedness in this horrible world will be gone.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, anniebea said:

it's enough to know that others are there and all the wickedness in this horrible world will be gone.

Yup. Even if I don't make it at least there is that. Plus no more pain & suffering, losing you memory, etc. - the dead don't feel any of that.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: